California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
CIIS has developed one of the first accredited graduate degree programs in Integrative Health Studies in the U.S. A two-year, nonclinical master's degree program that prepares graduates to enter the innovative field of integrative health, the Integrative Health Studies program blends insights from scientific biomedicine with time-honored perspectives on mind-body-spirit wholeness, traditional healing, and holistic, complementary and integrative health modalities. The 36-credit M.A. degree program is delivered online over two years (fall and spring semesters only). There is a 6-day residential academic intensive at the onset of each of the four semesters. The mission of the IHL program is to educate individuals to serve as integrative health coaches by providing holistic, culturally sensitive services and wellness management programs to diverse populations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position includes responsibilities for teaching 9 units per year of graduate-level courses in Integrative Health Studies, advising students, university and department service, committee work, and professional contributions as needed. Core faculty are required to demonstrate professional growth in scholarship, publishing, research, grants, awards, and teaching/mentoring. It also includes marketing the program through information meetings and presentations to schools, conferences and public workshops as needed. All faculty attend the academic intensives and collaborate on program objectives, reviews, assessments. This half-time (0.5 FTE) core faculty position requires experience in teaching integrative health, wellness, nutrition, and lifestyle medicine, coaching, positive psychology, or related content. Familiarity with health coaching is required. Candidate should be prepared to earn ICHWC-certification as a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC) within 18 months.
- Earned doctorate in health education, public health or clinical health degree or related field from a regionally-accredited university.
- Teaching experience at the college level at a regionally-accredited institute of higher education.
- Applicants with experience designing and implementing wellness programs for universities, hospitals, clinics, organizations and/or communities are given priority.
- Experience in health coaching.
- Experience in curriculum design and developing assessments in alignment with strategic missions is desired.
- Experience in teaching cultures other than your own or in developing courses with learning outcomes that address culturally-sensitive health care and reduce health disparities.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Start date is July 2018.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit the following online:
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Descriptive cover letter addressing all qualifications
- Three professional references