Site Director for RN-BSN Completion Program
University at Albany is seeking a full-time faculty member to serve as the extension Site Director for a new RN-BSN program in collaboration with SUNY Downstate Medical Center. The Director will report to the Dean of the School of Public Health and secondarily to the Associate Dean for Nursing/Academic Affairs and Community Partnerships at Downstate Medical Center.
The candidate will be responsible for marketing the program, recruitment and retention of students at the Albany campus. He/She will participate in program organization, development, innovation and evaluation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Teach a course in the Fall and Spring Semesters (1+1)
- Determine what courses must be taught each year, including UAlbany pre-requisites, and ensure their availability
- Arrange for the UAlbany, Albany-based faculty to teach program-specific courses as needed, coordinating with Brooklyn-based faculty.
- Provide course scheduling information to the Universities by established deadlines
- Arrange for teaching facility needs
- Advise majors and intended majors
- Serve as the primary contact for perspective students
- Market the program locally and participate in recruitment activities
- Coordinate clinical placements for enrolled students, when needed
- Oversee the development of clinical affiliation agreements and contracts, when needed
Minimum Education: A master’s degree in nursing/an earned doctorate in nursing is preferred. The candidate must be licensed in New York State or be eligible for licensure in New York State.
The successful candidate will meet minimum qualifications for faculty appointment/rank at the assistant or associate professor rank commensurate with experience.
Previous teaching experience in a hybrid or online environment is required, as is administrative oversight of an academic program. The candidate must demonstrate dynamic leadership, highly effective communication skills, and an ability to mentor faculty and students.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website: https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=103199