Simulation & Learning Resource Center Coordinator
The Simulation and Learning Resource Center (LRC) Coordinator provides operational and administrative support for the Director and other lab staff and students. The Coordinator is responsible for hiring and training student and professional standardized patients and also shares responsibility for the set-up and take-down of lab scenarios, managing the audiovisual recording equipment, as well as providing assistance with trouble shooting of basic technical issues. The Coordinator completes supply inventory and manages lab supplies, equipment, sign out processes, and updates lab equipment lists.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assists the Director of Simulation and LRC and staff/faculty in simulation activities:
- Serves as a resource to Simulation & Learning Resource (LRC) team, students and faculty in relation to simulation/ lab/ learning activities in nursing education.
- Supports faculty and the Simulation & LRC Director in set-up and implementation of clinical scenarios using simulation equipment and technologies.
- Monitors simulation equipment; troubleshoots for problem resolution.
- Supports students and faculty with issues related to laboratory learning activities.
- Oversees equipment that is signed out to students and/or faculty (diagnostic sets, Nurse Practitioner diagnostic bags; home health bags; health promotion and technological or other equipment).
- Conducts inventory and restocking of supplies. Maintains supply closets in orderly fashion.
Participates in the setup, organization and facilitation of simulation and laboratory programs:
- Shares responsibility for the set up, restocking, support, and organization of all lab scenarios/testing for the undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Manages mannequin, control room, medical and other equipment; troubleshoots for problem resolution.
- Each semester, updates lab equipment set up lists in conjunction with other lab staff and faculty.
Oversees standardized patient (SP) programs:
- Hires student and professional SP employees.
- Trains and evaluates Standardized patients.
- Schedules student and professional standardized patients.
- Contributes to scripts and feedback resources for SPs.
Works with Simulation/LRC Coordinator to delegate responsibilities to LRC work/study employees and participates in recruitment and other student events.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Candidate selected must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to details. Candidates must convey a highly professional demeanor and be a team player, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Candidate must have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects/tasks with varied deadlines and frequent interruptions. Must be able to work independently and be a strong problem solver.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and LCD projectors.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Two years of related work experience in the health care field preferred. Simulation mannequin experience a plus.
Assist with lifting/moving full body sized mannequins in excess of 25 lbs, medical equipment, beds, tables, carts, audiovisual equipment. Requires manual dexterity to manipulate equipment and standing for long periods of time.
Special Message to Applicants
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/13414
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.