The Clinical Dentistry department is seeking a part-time Dental Assistant to assist dental practitioners and dental students with the examination and treatment of patients. In this position, you will:
- assist during dental procedures, and assist dental students/residents with patient management during treatment
- provide excellent customer service and positive attitude, and contribute to an effective learning and patient care environment
- maintain inventories and stock dental clinic supplies. Help ensure efficient utilization of clinical supplies
- mix and dispense dental materials
- provide dental assisting support in other departments as needed
- attend continuing education classes held at the School of Dental Medicine to ensure ongoing learning and maintenance of dental assisting skills
UB Dental is a vital part of the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. As a teaching facility, we offer our dental students the opportunity to work closely with patients of all ages. In addition, we are a safety net for the Buffalo-Niagara region, providing dental care for thousands of people each year throughout the community.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.