The head of medical diagnostic imaging department, with an academic rank of associate/full professor, reports directly to the Dean of the College of Health Sciences. The candidate should possess strong leadership and management skills to lead the department in order to achieve its mission in the areas of education, research, community services and social responsibility. The candidate should participate in teaching theory and practical courses in the field of medical diagnostic imaging, and other related subjects.
Major Responsibilities :
- Directs, administers, and coordinates all educational, training, and research activities related to the department;
- Develops and follow with the current strategic directions for the department
- Participate in teaching theory and practical courses in the field of medical diagnostic imaging, and other related subjects
- Mentor and supervise the research work of undergraduate and graduate students
- Start a productive and "externally-funded" research program in the field of specialty.
- Creates and furthers the initiatives of the department;
- Integrate programs and activities within its socio-cultural framework to serve the health needs of the UAE and region.
The ideal candidate should be a proven academic and professional leader with a solid record of teaching, scholarly endeavor and international standing. The candidate must show evidence of active and consistent contributions to his/her field through publishing in internationally recognized and peer-reviewed journals and participating at exhibitions, conferences and other forum. The candidate should have excellent professional writing skills (research proposal, scientific monographs, scientific reports, etc.), and excellent communication & presentation skills.
- The candidate should have a Ph.D. in Medical Diagnostic Imaging technology, and/or with closely related field. A BSc. degree in radiography or radiological technologist qualification is preferable.
- Postdoctoral training is a significant asset.
- Has experience in a senior academic leadership position as a chair or director of a program at a reputable academic institute
- Demonstrable research productivity supported by a visible publication record.
- Significant teaching and clinical (technical) experience in the field of radiologic and/or diagnostic imaging technology and modalities.
- Has a record in education, teaching and community services
- Has experience in credit hour system
- Has experience in accreditation and international accreditation
- Fluency in English at the general and professional levels is essential