The University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine invites applications for the position of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in the Division of Biomedical Informatics with priority on senior-level candidates. This is an instrumental position in building the new division, and this position will conduct research and education in one or more of the following areas:
- Clinical and translational data science with applied emphasis
- Biomedical Informatics, addressing user interfaces, data integration, or security and privacy with the development of tangible tools and systems using sematic-based and advanced software engineering methodology
- Cancer informatics, for precision medicine using integrated data resources such as electronic health records, electronic pathology reports, clinical trials, and next generation sequencing
- Data analytics and visualization, for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data (clinical texts, web media, imaging, signal and sensory data)
This position will work in both individual lab and team settings to advance clinical and translational research in key institutional priority areas such as substance abuse, cardiovascular and neurological diseases, and obesity and cancer.
The Division of Biomedical Informatics is a unique department with a multidisciplinary faculty positioned for opportunities for interdisciplinary cross-talk and collaboration. The Biomedical Informatics Division/environment is currently housed within the Department of Internal Medicine/College of Medicine and is embarking on a period of major expansion within the University. Opportunities for collaborative endeavors with many and varied units within the University of Kentucky will result from this focus. The University is committed to the development of biomedical informatics and has made this area a priority. Efforts focused on the Biomedical Informatics expansion will create direction for the academic entity and stimulate research across the campus, building relationships and infrastructure for the success of this program under the overall umbrella of the Institute of Biomedical Informatics (ibi.uky.edu).
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please include along with application:
1) Current Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application
3) Research Statement (uploaded under Specific Request 1)
4) Teaching Statement (uploaded under Specific Request 2)
Please provide the names and contact information for three references when prompted in the application. This information may be utilized to solicit recommendation letters from your references within the employment system.