The Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chapman University School of Pharmacy is offering a postdoctoral position in doing biological assays, for example, antibacterial testing of compounds or peptide chemistry. The position is for one year, but it can be extended based on the performance and availability of funds.
The candidate will do biological assays such as antibacterial testing and mechanistic studies or solid-phase peptide synthesis.
The successful applicant must have the following experiences and qualifications:
- A PhD degree (at the start of the postdoctoral position)
- Extensive expertise in biological assays, such cell culture, antibacterial assays, or peptide synthesis/purification and characterization of peptides
- Ideally, the applicant has also practical experience in the conducting biological assays or the synthesis of nanoparticles. Excellent in written and spoken English, as well as highly developed interpersonal skills
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically.
- Application/Cover letter including motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- A complete list of publications indicating articles relevant to the position. Please include only published articles.
- Name and contact details of 3 referees
Note that all files have to be submitted in PDF format.
*The position is currently open and the evaluation continues until it is filled.
Please send the information to Dr. Keykavous Parang.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about Dr. Parang’s research can be found here:
About Chapman University:
Chapman University School of Pharmacy, the largest independent university in Irvine, California, has grown over the past years to become a distinguished, nationally recognized institution with global reach. The mission of Chapman University is to provide personalized education of distinction that leads to inquiring, ethical and productive lives as global citizens. Chapman University offers excellent benefits with tuition support, paid holidays and vacations.