Associate Professor/Lecturer/ Associate Lecturer in Physiotherapy
- Teaching and research roles for physiotherapists with various areas of expertise
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- Multiple roles available, full-time base salary of $73-$169K p.a. plus superannuation
About the opportunities
We wish to enhance our established research and teaching programs by appointing highly-motivated professionals to join an established and highly-skilled teaching team and make a substantial contribution to the continued success of our well-funded research.
There will be opportunities to contribute to ongoing curriculum review, ensuring that our programs produce future leaders in clinical physiotherapy, health care, health research and health education. These are stimulating positions that offer the opportunity to be involved in cross-disciplinary research within the Faculty of Health Sciences, throughout the University of Sydney, and with international partners. Note that the faculty is in a period of change, with plans for our faculty to move from Lidcombe to Camperdown Campus as well as undergo restructure to join the broader Faculty of Medicine and Health.
We are looking to appoint:
Associate Professor in Neurological Physiotherapy
- Continuing full-time (preferred) or part-time (3 days per week minimum), remuneration package: $181K – $199K which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation (prorated for part time appointment)
Lecturer (B) in Physiotherapy (musculoskeletal)
- Two roles available, four year fixed term part-time (3 days per week), full-time base salary of $104-123K p.a. plus superannuation prorated for part time appointment.
Lecturer (B) in Physiotherapy (cardiopulmonary)
- Continuing full-time (preferred) or part-time (3 days per week), remuneration package: $123K – $146K which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation (prorated for part time appointment)
Associate Lecturer/Lecturer (A/B) in Physiotherapy (pediatric)
- Continuing part-time (2.5 – 3 days per week), remuneration package: $86K – $146K p.a. (pro rata), which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
For more information and to view the selection criteria for each position, please visit the University of Sydney careers website and search the reference number quoted below.
The Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Sydney is a world leader in health sciences research and education. The strategic direction of the faculty is to be known nationally and internationally for the impact of our transformational education and research, and importantly, our research will be deeply embedded with our global partners. The faculty seeks mutually beneficial engagement with local health districts, primary health care networks, academia, industry and communities. We work effectively in diverse cultural settings. Our students represent culturally and socially diverse backgrounds; hence we are building a health workforce that reflects Australia’s diversity. As well as graduating outstanding clinicians we graduate leaders in health who have an international perspective.
The Faculty’s Discipline of Physiotherapy is actively involved in ground-breaking multi-disciplinary research that has had a substantial impact on the health and quality of life of the community across the lifespan, and is embedded in our Faculty’s Research strengths:
- Physical activity, lifestyle, ageing and wellbeing (includes research in neurological and cardiopulmonary disorders)
- Musculoskeletal health
- Disability and mental health
- Cancer diagnosis and rehabilitation
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Medical imaging
- Communication sciences and disorders
- eHealth and health service delivery
One of the hallmarks of the faculty is research-informed teaching, and consequently we ensure that our undergraduate and postgraduate physiotherapy programs are enriched by cutting-edge research.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://sydney.edu.au/about-us/careers-at-sydney.html and search by the relevant reference number listed below to apply.
1926/0918C – Associate Professor in Neurological Physiotherapy
1923/0918F – Lecturer (B) in Physiotherapy (musculoskeletal)
1924/0918C – Lecturer (B) in Physiotherapy (cardiopulmonary)
1925/0918C – Associate Lecturer/Lecturer (A/B) in Physiotherapy (paediatric)
Closing date: 11:30pm Monday 12th November 2018