The Simmons School of Nursing is an innovator in healthcare education with nationally recognized faculty members and alumni who are leaders in their fields. The department is seeking creative, energetic and seasoned faculty members to fill roles as Clinical Site Visitors in their graduate online program. The successful candidate will join a vibrant faculty delivering an online program that uses a robust set of online course delivery tools to support high-level student engagement through synchronous and asynchronous sessions.
The Clinical Site Visitor will be prepared as Family Nurse Practitioners. The Clinical Site Visitor will be responsible for visiting assigned students at their clinical site throughout the course of their Clinical Decision Making curriculum.
The Clinical Site Visitor will:
- Collaborate with students, preceptors, and peer faculty to arrange for a date for the clinical site visit.
- Review clinical logs and reflections
- Conduct a thorough and substantive site visit lasting approximately a half day with assigned students.
- Document site visit results through Typhon
- Share results of site visit with student's Clinical Decision Making faculty
Advanced clinical practice is the focus of this course. Students will apply, synthesize and evaluate content from nursing theory and sciences in the clinical practice setting. The course requires extensive clinical experience with an approved preceptor. Students develop case presentations from their experiences for discussion in on-line forum clinical seminar formats. Students may work with patients from across the life span.
is currently accepting applications for Adjunct Faculty and Clinical Site Visitors that are located in the following areas:
- West Coast and Pacific Northwest (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington)
- Currently practicing FNP required
- At least 2+ years clinical experience required
- Graduate level teaching experience preferred
- Online teaching exposure/experience preferred
- Eligible to license as APRN in assigned states (reimbursement provided)
As a University committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Remote---National/Adjunct-Faculty-and-Clinical-Site-Visitor---Pacific-Northwest_R05444
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.