The School of Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science at The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) invites applications for 3 open full time, Tenure-track, Assistant or Associate Professor Positions in the Department of Nursing due to retirement and expansion of the program.
The college emphasizes teaching and learning in a teacher-scholar model. All positions require a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field, Master’s degree in nursing, strong track record of scholarship including publication and prior faculty teaching experience.
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Pediatric Nursing (Certification as Pediatric Nurse: AACN (RN-BC), PNCB Pediatric Nursing (CPN), or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner: AANC (PNP-BC) or PNCB (CPNP-PC)
- Assistant/Associate Professor Advanced Practice Nursing. (Certification as Primary Care Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, and/or Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL).
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Nursing Education, experience teaching in at undergraduate level (BSN, RN-BSN and/or accelerated BSN program)
- Experience teaching across the curriculum
- Strong track record of scholarship including publication
- Demonstration of a strong research agenda in health, pedagogy, or related areas, with commitment to engaging students in research and pursuing internal and external funding opportunities.
- Additional experience in clinical simulation is a plus
The School of Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science is comprised of three departments, Nursing, Health and Exercise Science, and Public Health. The School enrolls about 600 undergraduate majors across two nationally accredited programs, and offers the degrees of BSN, MSN, and BS in Public Health. There are 13 full-time nursing faculty lines, approximately 300 undergraduate students, and 40 graduate students. Aspirant goals for nursing include developing enhanced learning experiences through honors, research, global experiences, and interdisciplinary coursework. Nursing programs offered at TCNJ include: BSN, RN to BSN, MSN, and Post-MSN certificate. Masters options include Clinical Nurse Leader, Nurse Practitioner tracks in adult-gero, family, and neonatal, and School Nursing.
To apply, please attach a letter of interest, detailed curriculum vitae including didactic and clinical teaching experience, scholarship and publications, a statement of teaching and research interests, and names and contact information (addresses, emails, and telephone numbers) for three references. Applicants will be required to complete an Application for Employment upon receipt of resume. Final offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.