THE UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
FACULTY OF DENTISTRY
DEPARTMENT OF ORAL HEALTH SCIENCES
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available beginning October 1, 2018, for 1 year initially with the possibility of an extension. This position requires expertise in cell biology, drug release, and animal work.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A Doctorate Degree (PhD) in dentistry, molecular biology, pharmaceutical sciences, biological sciences, or other relevant discipline awarded within the last 5 years.
- Experience with cell biology and molecular biology techniques (e.g. mammalian cell culture, qPCR and primer design, drug release, immunocytochemistry, Western blotting).
- Preference will be given to those applicants with a strong background in bone biology and osteogenic differentiation of primary cell lines.
- A strong background in animal handling and micro-computed tomography is an asset.
- Ability to prepare, implement and/or manage scientific research projects.
- Ability to arrange and present data using computer software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to supervise undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Capacity to perform both quantitative and qualitative data analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and organizational skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills with experience in setting and achieving goals.
UBC hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Please indicate your current citizenship status in your cover letter.
Forward a letter of application (including the names and addresses of three referees) and CV to:
UBC Faculty of Dentistry
2199 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z3
Note: due to the large number of applications, we regret that we are unable to confirm receipt of submissions or provide status of competitions; only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted.