The University at Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center (UBEOC) offers over 20 programs and services that are tuition-free to eligible residents of the Buffalo community that are offered days, evenings and/or weekends. The UBEOC programs and services are structured to adapt to the needs of our students – as well as to the demands of our community – and serve as first steps toward the attainment of long-term educational and employment skills. Candidates should have the ability to teach a range of courses associated with our programs and services in one or more of the following content areas:
Allied Health Programs
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Central Sterilization Technician
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
- NYS Certified Dental Assisting
- Patient Service Technician Specialist
- Registered Medical Assistant
- Academic Review: Basic Literacy: Writing & Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies
- College Preparation
- English as a Second Language
- High School Equivalency (HSE)
- Customer Service
- Incumbent Worker Series (IWS)
- Computer Classes – Microsoft Certifications
- Financial Wellness
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE®)
- Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC™)
- National Work Readiness Credential (NWRC)
Academic Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Deliver seated and/or online lessons to EOC students.
- Evaluate and grade student class work, assignments, papers, and/or quizzes/exams, providing effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
- Enter grades, attendance into BANNER.
- Engage in the classroom, reply to emails/voicemails, and hold on campus/online office hours.
- Maintain knowledge in one’s own discipline-related area by participating in professional development.
- Deliver test/certifications following all procedures.
Vocational, Allied Health and Testing Center: A Bachelor’s degree, relevant certification or an equivalent combination of education and experience in related field is required.
Academic: A Master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in related field is required.
- One year experience with online and hybrid teaching and related methodologies.
- Be knowledgeable in multiple content areas and theoretical frameworks within stated discipline, as well as issues related to diversity and multiculturalism.
- Possess working knowledge of BANNER, the EOC student information system.
- Availability to work evening hours (for seated courses).
- Be recognized as exemplary instructor who has had evidence of reflective practice and experience working with diverse students.
Contact’s Name Veronica Laskay
Contact’s Title Staff Assistant
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-645-1885