The Department of Health, Nutrition, and Exercise Sciences at North Dakota State University invites applications for a 10-month non-tenure track Assistant Professor of Practice position in the area of dietetics beginning Fall of 2019. This position will serve as Dietitian Education Program (DEP) Coordinator/Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance Dietetics Program Liaison. This position will be 60 percent teaching, 10 percent research and creative activity, 10 percent advising, and 20 percent service and program administration. Responsibilities will include supporting NDSU’s land-grant mission of teaching, research, and service.
Successful candidates will teach courses in the undergraduate and graduate Dietetics programs as well as the Master’s and Doctoral programs in Exercise Science and Nutrition; participate in academic advising; direct graduate theses and serve on graduate student committees; establish an independent line of research, creative or scholarly activities and publish in scholarly journals; be active in professional organizations; and provide service to the department, college, university, and community.
1. PhD in dietetics, nutrition, or closely related field from an accredited institution (PhD degree completion required by August 1, 2019).
2. Demonstrated proficiency in teaching college level dietetics courses.
3. Evidence of potential to publish original research.
4. Effective oral and written communication skills.
5. Licensed, registered dietitian.
6. Current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
1. Refereed publications in dietetics and/or related fields.
2. Familiarity with the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics accreditation standards and experience with site visits and self-study preparation for accreditation.
3. Evidence of successful academic advising in the area of dietetics.
4. Experience teaching and advising at the graduate level.
5. Ability to collaborate and complement current research in the department, college, and NDSU.
6. Demonstrated ability to interact and collaborate effectively with a group of diverse colleagues and students.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A complete application packet will include: 1) a letter of application addressing the position qualifications, 2) a current curriculum vitae, 3) the names and contact information for at least three professional references, 4) unofficial copies of all degree granting transcripts, 5) teaching philosophy, and 6) research plan.
Screening will begin 2/16/19
For more information regarding this position, please contact Dr. Sherri Stastny, search committee chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-231-7479 (office phone).