The University at Buffalo School of Nursing invites applicants for a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Clinical Faculty position. This is a full time (12 month) appointment to teach both in the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Nurse Anesthetist program and in the core courses within the DNP and undergraduate programs. Responsibilities include classroom and online didactic teaching, mentoring, supervising, and evaluating students in clinical and simulated learning environments, and supervising students in DNP capstone project courses. Responsibilities also include planning, developing and implementing evidence-based, innovative and interactive learning experiences for the adult learner across classroom and clinical learning environments, including a co-clinical coordinator role.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Initial certification and continued recertification by the National Board for Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
- A doctoral degree, in an appropriate field of study, from a recognized institution of higher education.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as an interdisciplinary healthcare team member.
- Must maintain clinical practice in specialty area.
- Evidence of scholarship appropriate for appointment in the Graduate School.
- Previous experience preferred as a clinical and didactic instructor in an AANA accredited nurse anesthesia educational program.