Associate/Full Specialist - Division of Environmental Health Sciences - School of Public Health
The Division of Environmental Health Sciences with the School of Public Health at the University of California, Berkeley seeks application for an Associate or Full Specialist in the area of molecular epidemiology and biobanking.
This position will contribute to the management of the laboratory of Children's Environmental Health and Biorepository, maintaining extensive collection of biological and environmental samples, customized database, multiple deep freezers and other equipment, performing biomarker assays, communicating with collaborators on sample processing and banking, supervising students, preparing reports and assisting PI Dr. Holland with grant submissions and human subjects protocols.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative and management support in budget planning, equipment purchases, and service contracts;
- Supervisee and train students on the lab and biorepository procedures and responsibilities;
- Perform analysis of biomarkers, conduct statistical analyses of the data;
- Prepare reports, contribute to publications, assist PI with grant preparation and management;
- Maintain database of data on sample collected and banked in the biorepository, and related health and exposure variables; and
- Conduct literature search and summarization.
Professional Researchers are exclusively represented by the International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW) local (5810).
To apply, visit https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03056