Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Simulation Center Technologist
Simulation Center Technologist
Main Campus - Boston, MAMain Campus - Boston, MAMain Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and of challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to focus on preparing women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women-centered undergraduate program, with graduate programs open to all. Nursing education at Simmons dates back to 1933. At that time, Simmons implemented a five-year baccalaureate program in nursing and became a charter member of the National League for Nursing. Simmons continues its proud tradition of educating nurses. Today, Simmons Department of Nursing offers a traditional 4-year BSN program, a 16-month accelerated BSN program for students with a prior baccalaureate degree, a 2-year Dix scholars program for adult learners, an online RN to BSN program, and a 4 + 1 BSN-MSN FNP program, while graduate nursing programs offer paths for a direct-entry MSN, Post Licensure MSN FNP, and doctoral education.
The School of Nursing is housed in the College of Natural, Behavioral and Health Sciences (CNBHS). CNBHS is a collegial and supportive community of teachers and scholars within a uniquely multidisciplinary College. Simmons faculty and staff are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University strives for inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience: One of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. As a University committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we seek candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with students across a broad range of social and personal identities and perspectives. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
This individual is employed by the University and reports to the Simulation Director. The purpose of this position is to provide vital technical support and expertise for simulation operations and technology to include preparation, maintenance, and repair complex computerized, high fidelity manikins and associated software, and the efficient operation of the data capture systems, virtual simulation software, related multimedia peripherals, and validating data collected during scenarios. The Technologist will work as part of the simulation team to ensure that the needs of current and prospective students are aligned with the overall mission of the College and the standards of the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Understand the use and operation of different simulation technologies;
- Provide setup/takedown/moulage of requested simulations;
- Responsible for the preparation of documents, setup boxes and supplies for each simulation;
- Program, test, and run simulation scenarios for faculty simulation facilitators, assuring that the facility, equipment, manikins, standardized patients (if applicable) and supplies are set up appropriately and that desired outcomes will be achieved; interpret and implement changes when necessary;
- Provide training/support/consulting to the Director, faculty, and other simulation center team members in the technical aspects of simulation;
- Provide specialized technical support/maintenance for computer based multimedia systems and their components, including operation of server infrastructure, digital cameras, video cameras, audio/video mixer, digital/analog converter, monitors, and medical equipment;
- Audit, test, and ensure all equipment and systems run efficiently according to current specification requirements, keeping apprised of periodic product information releases;
- Conduct ongoing maintenance of all simulation equipment, including cleaning, repairing, ensuring that all equipment is maintained in good working order at all times;
- Maintain record of repairs required and completed;
- Understand campus networking and required systems that allow vendors, faculty, staff, and students to access critical materials;
- Keep apprised of all emerging technologies affecting simulation and data capture and participate in technical training;
- Works collaboratively and consultatively with Simmons University IT department as needed;
- Assist the Coordinator(s) and Director in equipment budgeting for the Simulation Center;
- Supervises functions of the Simulation Technician;
- Ensures that all equipment and spaces are secured at the end of each day.
- Serve as a communication link in conjunction with the Simulation Director and Simulation Coordinator(s) with faculty, staff, College, University, 2U, Simulation technology partners and other external constituents including but not limited to employers, alumni, donors, clinical partners, vendors, and professional associations as requested by the Simulation Director.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Simulation Director.
Term of Service
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience;
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as internet and database use.;
- Technology, multimedia, audio/visual experience including knowledge of networks, computer security, virtual reality technology, databases, servers, decoders, audio mixers, etc.;
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot and fix equipment and technology failures in a timely fashion;
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision, including learning new software/hardware quickly;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail;
- Creativity and flexibility in designing innovative approaches to solving problems and improving processes;
- Maintain confidentiality regarding job assignments and sensitive issues;
- Experience in hospital, medical military environment, or any other healthcare experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of audio/video equipment and software for recording, duplication, and editing;
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy/physiology;
- Creative problem solver;
- Strong and effective communicator;
- Ability to motivate and build consensus among teams;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with the Simulation Director, Simulation Coordinator(s), SON Chair, Associate Dean for the SON, and Operations to strengthen, coordinate, integrate, and implement the goals established by the program and CNBHS.
The Simulation Technologist is a 12-Month Staff Role. This is a Boston based on campus position.
Required Application Materials
To apply, please submit a cover letter (including the title of the position for which you are applying) and an up to date resume.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Simulation-Center-Technologist_R08634
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |