Bryant University is a private New England university with a tradition of innovation and a global vision for success. Our new strategic plan, Vision 2030, sets a trajectory for the next decade through academic excellence, outstanding student life, competitive athletics and student outcomes among the nation’s top 1% for ROI.
Bryant University’s School of Health and Behavioral Sciences invites applications for a Program Coordinator for its new MS in Healthcare Informatics. The position is full-time preferred, but part-time will be considered for the right candidate. This is a multi-term faculty appointment beginning January 2023, with the possibility of employment extension beyond the initial term.
The School of Health and Behavioral Sciences currently offers undergraduate majors in Biology, Psychology, Health Sciences, Healthcare Analytics, and Exercise and Movement Science, as well as a graduate program in Physician Assistant Studies. Our dedicated faculty and quality facilities prepare students for science-related careers and graduate studies. We emphasize basic and applied research, technological applications, and international experiences so students not only accumulate knowledge, but also develop the commitment and desire to apply what they learn in the world. Find out more about us at: https://www.bryant.edu/academics/school-health-and-behavioral-sciences.
Bryant University is located on a 428-acre campus in Smithfield, RI, which is situated 15 minutes from Providence, RI, and 45 minutes from Boston, MA. Bryant’s close-knit, student-centered community of scholars delivers challenging academic programs that integrate business and the arts and sciences, with an emphasis on real-world application and a global perspective. Abundant co-curricular opportunities, service-learning programs, internships, and practicums allow students to put theory into practice while building character and leadership skills.
The School of Health and Behavioral Sciences is seeking a Program Coordinator for the new MS in Healthcare Informatics. This individual will coordinate the offering of the program as well as teach several courses.
- Provide classroom instruction; day-to-day program operational oversight, including recruitment of instructors, and assist students toward successful program completion
- Possess knowledge and/or experience teaching in the informatics field or healthcare systems curricula with the application of innovative classroom delivery, and innovative scholarship application
- Assist in recruitment and retention efforts for domestic and international students, providing expertise of program knowledge (working closely with SHBS Directors, Admissions, and Graduate Programs Office)
- Provide guidance to student affairs staff on admission issues
- Participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of new student orientation
- Work with student affairs coordinators to assure appropriate academic advising, development, and implementation and completion of individualized programs of study
- Advise students (course registration, prerequisites, directed studies, capstone projects, certifications, etc.)
- Provide program assessment and quality management
- Monitor and communicate with Directors national trends and standards for specialty area practice and informatics guidelines, relating these to curriculum, and ensuring that the curriculum and procedures are in line with these standards
- Serve as a resource and leader to faculty within the program
- Work with SHBS directors and faculty to ensure student success
- Perform related duties as assigned
Earned masters or doctorate in healthcare and/or informatics related field, practical and teaching experience in Healthcare Informatics; excellent written and oral communication skills; team building, self- motivation, and innovation in educational program offerings are desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly with ability to assimilate change positively and proactively in rapid growth environment.
Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner.
Critical Thinking & Judgement – able to make well-reasoned, sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations, and other factors.
Multi-task – Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
Systems & Software – proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
Team Orientation & Interpersonal skills – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external organizational partners.
Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.