Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Dietetic Internship Clinical Faculty
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
The Department of Nutrition in the College of Natural, Behavioral, and Health Science invites applications for a Dietetic Internship Clinical Faculty to begin August 1, 2019. Moving between partner hospitals and the University, the Dietetic Internship Clinical Faculty will precept dietetic interns in their Medical Nutrition Therapy/Clinical Nutrition rotation as well as teach at minimum of one course per semester.
We seek an innovative educator with a demonstrated excellence in teaching and mentoring. As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we seek candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with individuals across a broad range of identities and perspectives while fostering an environment of inclusion and equity.
- Precept 12 dietetic interns per year (four at a time for three cycles) in their Medical Nutrition Therapy/Clinical Nutrition rotation;
- Teach a minimum of one nutrition course per semester, a course to be determined in collaboration with the department chair;
- Coordinate intern schedules for the rotation and daily patient assignments in collaboration with partner hospitals;
- Plan and select clinical experiences to meet the DI competencies and student learning needs;
- Complete required training or documentation as needed by the partner sites, staying current with continuing training;
- Support and advise interns, evaluating progress, setting appropriate goals, and providing feedback for growth to entry-level RD expectations;
- Identify and facilitate learning activities that support the attainment of competencies/learning outcomes;
- Complete supervised practice documentation;
- Support the Dietetic Nutrition Mentorship program and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- Communicate progress and issues regarding the interns' supervised practice experience;
- Collaborate with the Dietetic Internship Director and Assistant Director to plan learning activities for interns;
- Facilitate lessons for all DI interns related to MNT;
- Assist DI Selection Committee in choosing incoming interns;
- Model evidence-based practice, professional behavior, time management, and ethical practice;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Required application materials:
- M.S. degree in Nutrition Sciences, Dietetics or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of clinical nutrition experience;
- Registered Dietitian with current CDR certification;
- Massachusetts State Licensure as a licensed dietitian/nutritionist (LDN) required at the time of appointment;
- Previous experience as a site preceptor for Medical Nutrition Therapy/Clinical Nutrition for dietetic interns;
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, time management and interpersonal skills;
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal;
- Prior experience mentoring and advising students in an internship and classroom environment;
- Experience in geriatrics and familiarity with MDS preferred.
- Previous teaching experience required, experience teaching dietetics students in a DPD program preferred;
- letter of interest
- RD certificate number
- list of three references with contact information.
Review of applications will begin April 29, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Dietetic-Internship-Clinical-Faculty_R05846
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |