Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar, comprising nine colleges and offering the largest selection of undergraduate and graduate programs in the country. Qatar University seeks the highest international accreditations of its academic programs, while ensuring they are aligned with the growing needs of the labor market and the aspirations of the society it serves. It currently boasts a population of over 20,000 students, and an alumni body of over 40,000.
Qatar University launched the QU Health Cluster in January 2017 to provide closer alignment and integration between the health entities at QU. Together, the College of Medicine, the College of Health Sciences, and the College of Pharmacy create a dynamic environment that embraces experts in the education of health care professionals. Areas of collaboration at QU Health include research, graduate studies, clinical affairs, continuous professional development, inter-professional education, engagement and communication, as well as business operations.
College of Health Sciences
In 2016, the College of Health Science (CHS) became the ninth college at Qatar University, building on a 30-year success story as a department. CHS is the national provider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar, offering undergraduate (BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition, public health, and physiotherapy as well as graduate programs in biomedical science, genetic counseling and public health.
CHS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural research funding. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, including a variety of student research funding programs.
The Department of Public Health at the College of Health Sciences is seeking a faculty member (open rank) in Biostatistics/ Epidemiology for its graduate and undergraduate academic programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Teach courses in biostatistics (basic and advanced) as well as in epidemiology at the graduate and undergraduate levels
2. Maintain an active research agenda and secure funding through competitive national or international grants
3. Mentor the academic development of graduate and undergraduate students through the supervision of theses and capstone projects, respectively
4. Contribute to committees that serve the mission of the College and support the operations of the department
5. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
1. A Ph.D. degree in biostatistics or epidemiology, or a highly related discipline
2. Experience in teaching both biostatistics and epidemiology to public health and/or health related students in an academic or clinical setting
3. A record of high quality peer-reviewed research publications preferably in the area of clinical research
4. Experience in attracting research grants
5. Experience in supervising graduate and undergraduate students
6. Familiarity with educational technologies in higher education
7. Education qualifications, such as post graduate diploma in higher education or equivalent, are highly desired
8. Willingness to work collaboratively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary team to strengthen public health education
9. Experience in providing consultation to clinical researchers in design and analysis
10. Excellent written and oral communication skills
11. Effective teaching and assessment skills
12. Arabic language is preferable, but not mandatory
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
1. Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisment 14-Jan-2024