Obstetrician Nursing Faculty (Job F#110)
Posting Date: October 12,2021 Posting End Date: December 12, 2021
Position: Obstetrician Nursing Faculty Department: Nursing
Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University Becoming "One Tuskegee," the ideal Obstetrician Nursing Faculty will possess the willingness use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
A. Instructional: Participates in Planning and Implementation of a sound educational program and directs learning activities by:
- Assisting in the development of behavioral objectives for the course, which are measurable, and writing objectives for the units of instructions.
- Utilizing varied teaching strategies
- Assisting students in applying nursing theories and principles to the practices of nursing.
- Receiving recommended media for utilizing in the course, including books for the library and other multi-media.
- Conducting formal classes and supervising clinical experiences as assigned.
- Assisting in the selection of methods and tools to evaluate learner’s achievement, evaluation by learners and teaching team.
- Stimulating students to be inquisitive and seek additional experience on their own.
- Using knowledge gains from students and peer evaluating in planning and Implementing subsequent learning experience.
- Serving as a role model for students in the professional, social and civic arena.
B. Administrative: Assume and fulfills administrative responsibilities commensurate with the position title by:
- Counseling student in accordance with student’s learning needs.
- Ensuring that course objectives and content are written and outlined In keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the Department of Nursing
- Evaluating the course to determine if goals and objectives are being met.
- Evaluating clinical learning experiences and facilities and making recommendations to Course Coordinator and Department Head
- Participating in the development, implementation and completion to clinical evaluation forms
- Recognizing and informing the Course Coordinator of existing or potential problems relating to the operations of the nursing program
- Participating in the programs of self-development, by attending appropriate workshops, seminars, etc.
- Serving on School committees and participating in committee activities as designated.
c. Research and Investigations: Assume a professional and responsible role In the area of research by:
- Assisting the designing, conducting, evaluating and publishing of research and/or studies relating to health care and lor the nursing profession.
- Sharing and utilizing investigation findings for the improvement of the teaching-learning process
- Utilizing opportunities to increase own knowledge by attending research symposia, conferences, classes, etc.
- Contributing to professional publications and making scholarly presentations for civic groups when requested.
D. Community Relations: Establishes and maintains effective relationships with other faculty, students, affiliating agencies and the community by:
- Maintaining Membership and participating In professional organizations.
- Serving as a nurse consultant for local health agencies as appropriate and possible.
- Assisting with and participating in local health agencies’ in -service programs as appropriate and possible.
- Participating in overall academic affairs and programs of the total University as indicated.
- Serving on inter-agency committees when requested and as feasible.
- Providing direct health care to clients, which is unrelated to student clinical learning experience.
- Attempting to influence political decisions that affect nursing on the local level.
Master of Science Degree in Nursing or Master’s degree in clinical specialty is required. An earned Doctoral Degree is preferred and a minimum of two years of general nursing experience. Must hold a current unencumbered Alabama Registered Nurse license.
This job description is not all inclusive as it related to the prescribed functions, duties, skills, knowledge and experience to do the job. Incumbent may be required to attend training, and perform other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education, training, and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) letters of reccommendation (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center Tuskegee University
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.