Faculty - Tenure Track - Nursing
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
Utah Valley University - Department of Nursing invites applications for three tenure-track positions.
Under the direction of the Department Chair, the successful candidate will design and teach courses in nursing (didactic and simulation labs and clinical). Plans and prepares approved courses of study with measurable objectives for each course. Teaching content areas include Assessment, Pharmacology, Fundamentals, Medical/Surgical, Health Promotion, Community Health, Quality/Safety, Navigating Health Systems, Nursing Research, Nursing Theory, Leadership and Global Nursing. Participates in various activities in support of teaching/learning and program development (e.g., curriculum development, accreditation) as required. Participates in faculty organization meetings, serves on department, college and university committees. Participates in assessment and policy-making functions of faculty organizations and other assigned committees.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Masters degree in Nursing required. Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories, strategies, techniques, and discipline content and 5 years related experience. Evidence of potential for scholarly/creative work consistent with a teaching university.
Licensed as an RN.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prepares instructional materials and teaches, manages, and supervises individuals and groups in classrooms, labs/simulations and clinical areas. Supervises extra-curricular activities and advises students as assigned.
- Evaluates instruction and learning while maintaining a student-oriented approach to education. Engages students in lecture and discussion sessions and fosters and engages in collegial relations with the community.
- Communicates with students regarding academic progress and grading. Creates and maintains accurate and current plans, reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance, and follow-up.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to teach online, evenings, and other times, as needed.
- Ability to fulfill all faculty teaching, scholarly, and service obligations associated with earning tenure.
A Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field from a regionally accredited institution. Degree must be in hand by August 1, 2019. Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner.
Work is normally performed in a typical classroom/office and nursing work environment. Teaching/Presenting/Standing/Speaking
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
FAC39918 Nursing Faculty
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/11231
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.