Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Part-Time Adjunct Instructor – Central Sterilization Technician Program
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC)
invites candidates who can enthusiastically inspire and engage students as a Part-Time Adjunct Instructor
for the Central Sterilization Technician Program. Candidates should have the ability to teach seated, remote, and online courses.
Academic Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of subject matter.
- Provides students with appropriate learning materials and expertise in assigned subject(s).
- Evaluates students’ performance and provides effective and timely feedback to guide student learning and success.
- Responsible for contributing and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative environment.
- Enters grades and attendance into software used by Center.
- Engages in the classroom, replies to emails and voicemails, and holds on-campus or online office hours.
- Maintains knowledge in one’s own discipline-related area by participating in professional development.
- Delivers tests and certifications following all procedures.
- Provides comprehensive classroom instruction to ensure that students have mastered the core competencies as they relate to the cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization of medical equipment.
- Provides hands-on clinical training as it relates to the central sterilization competencies.
- Provides hands-on assessment regarding the cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization of patient equipment.
- Assists with compliance with national accrediting agencies.
- Prepares students to take the National Central Sterilization Certification Exam.
- Assists with the National Certification Testing application process.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About the Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center
The Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC), an adult education enterprise, of the State University of New York, University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD), with an annual enrollment of 1,940 students, is seeking applications for a Part-Time Adjunct Instructor for the Central Sterilization Technician Program. The mission of BEOC is to produce lifelong learners who are self-directed, empowered, and committed to excellence. Residents of the surrounding Buffalo community are provided a range of services designed to develop the academic and workforce development skills necessary to become self-sufficient. Programs and services are structured to adapt to the needs of our students — as well as to the demands of our community — and serve as first steps toward the attainment of long-term educational and employment skills. To learn more about the Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center, visit our website
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |