WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF NURSING
Washington State University College of Nursing, Spokane, Washington
NOTICE OF VACANCY
TENURE/TENURE TRACK FACULTY POSITIONS 2019-2020
is seeking exceptional faculty applicants to contribute to our mission to deliver excellent academic programs and to engage in research and service in partnership with educational institutions and community stakeholders. Established research strengths in 1) Behavioral Health; 2) Community and Public Health; 3) Educational Innovations and Outcomes; 4) Patient Care, Quality and Safety.
With campuses in Spokane, Vancouver, Tri-Cities, and classroom sites in Yakima and Walla Walla, the College serves more than 1,000 students and offers a) pre-licensure baccalaureate, b) RN to BSN, c) Master of Nursing (MN) and post- master's certificate program, c) a Doctor of Nursing Practice with a focus on Family or Psychiatric/Mental Health and d) PhD in Nursing programs. Our alumni and faculty are recognized for their contributions to research, clinical practice, service and leadership at local, regional, state and national levels. Our contributions to the research foci of 1) Behavioral Health; 2) Community and Public Health; 3) Educational Innovations and Outcomes; 4) Patient Care, Quality and Safety contribute to the health and wellbeing of our populations and to the ongoing transformation of healthcare now and in the future.
Washington State University's Health Sciences campus in Spokane is an urban campus centrally located near downtown Spokane in the University District. WSU Health Sciences Spokane prepares the state's future generations of nurses, pharmacists, physicians and other health professionals, and houses world-class research that leads to healthier people and communities. WSU has worked closely with Spokane's business, healthcare, and nonprofit leaders for 50 years, and continues to embrace a culture of interprofessional health care education, research, and practice that focuses on community partnerships.
Spokane offers abundant natural beauty, four distinct seasons and 171 sunny days each year. Located in Eastern Washington, Spokane is the largest city between Minneapolis and Seattle and a major center for health care. For more information about the College of Nursing and the open positions go to http://www.nursing.wsu.edu
Description of Positions:
The faculty member will be responsible for: 1) contributing to the College's research mission by building new and/or complementing existing research teams, 2) maintaining an ongoing, extramurally-funded program of research, 3) publishing and presenting research findings nationally and internationally, 4) teaching undergraduate, master's and/or doctoral students, 5) advising undergraduate and graduate students, 6) serving on master's and doctoral committees, and 7) providing service to the university, community and profession of nursing.
Tenure-track/tenured position openings are at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor or Full Professor. Salary, rank and tenure status are dependent upon experience and qualifications.
1) A PhD in nursing or related field.
2) Demonstrated ability to design and conduct studies addressing salient nursing and health care issues related to College of Nursing research foci.
3) Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and the reduction of health disparities.
1) Clinical expertise, including eligibility for RN licensure in Washington State.
2) Experience in teaching and advising graduate and/or undergraduate students.
3) Experience with technology assisted education modalities.
4) Experience working with diverse populations and/or students.
5) Teaching and research expertise in technology-based data-driven individual and public health outcome research.
6) Leadership experience.
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor will be responsible for:
- Teaching undergraduate, master and/or doctoral students.
- Advising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Participating in research team-building by complementing or augmenting current areas of faculty research.
- Maintaining an ongoing program of research.
- Publishing and presenting research findings.
- Serving on graduate student committees.
- Providing service to the university community and profession.
WSU Spokane is a tobacco-free campus.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special needs/disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.