SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Associate Dean, Nursing Pathways (School of Health and Nursing)
Filing Deadline (All postings close at 4:00 PM):
Open Until Filled
Administrative - Associate Dean
1. Assess, evaluate, revise and maintain standards and policies for each nursing program.
2. Serves as the Registered Nursing Program Director to the Board of Registered Nursing.
3. Serves as lead accreditation officer for nursing programs. Responsible for maintaining successful nursing programs accreditation.
4. Supervises and collaborates with the department chairs, faculty, and staff of stated programs.
5. Responsible for facilitating achievement of annual objectives that guide effective planning, program management and evidence-based decision-making.
6. Leads or supports transition and any physical relocation of Nursing program(s).
7. At direction of the Dean, and in consultation with chairs, leads area meetings and works directly with employers, associations, and community based organizations to strengthen field partnerships and clinical agreements.
8. Supports an innovative culture focused on student success; completion of college awards, degrees, and transfer; and facilitates opportunities for professional development for the faculty and staff.
9. Ensures regulatory reports are submitted for the programs supervised in a timely manner. Ensures college readiness on self-study accreditation reports for the BRN & BVNPT through close working relationships with department chairs and faculty.
10. Maintains official area records while providing required documents to BRN and BVNPT.
11. Develops, updates, and assures regular training through chairs by use of standardized department and area "handbooks of practice" so that each department holds common practices that align with the profession, college policy, AFT contract, and CCSF Faculty Handbook.
12. Oversees and facilitates pathway discussions across the programs such that clear pathways develop from CNA to LVN to RN (ADN) and to BSN. Engage in a holistic discussion in the planning and design of this effort to include students, discipline faculty, counselors, staff and employers.
13. Works with chairs in setting priorities for resource needs; pursues grants and external funding to support pathway goals.
14. Supervises timely reviews by chairs of all contracts for compliance; assists chairs in negotiating with agencies utilized for clinical experience.
15. Initiates and develops institutional relationships with area health providers in collaboration with department chairs.
16. Supports department chairs in ensuring program and area facilities and skills labs are functional, current, and utilized appropriately.
17. Participates in, promotes and/or arranges for student and faculty participation in community projects such as health fairs, career fairs, among others.
18. Coordinates required advisory committee meetings.
19. In consultation with department chairs, presents information about nursing programs to community groups and participates in associated workshops and professional meetings.
20. In collaboration with department chairs, communicates with Bachelor of Science Nursing (BSN) programs in the region.
To apply, please visit our website at https://jobs.ccsf.edu/postings/3900
It is the policy of the City College of San Francisco to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS/HIV status, medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person in any District program or activity. For further information, contact the CCSF Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance Office, (415) 452-5053.