Associate or Full Professor of Exercise, Health, and/or Nutrition
Appointment: Eight-month, full-time, tenure-stream; Position starting Fall 2023
Description: The Department of Health and Human Development in the University of Pittsburgh School of Education seeks a faculty member at the associate or full level in a tenure-stream position. It is expected that qualified candidates will have a record of publication, research productivity, funding, teaching, and service that is commensurate with tenure guidelines within the School of Education and the University.
The successful candidate will have an ongoing program of research with active funding in the areas of exercise, health, and/or nutrition broadly defined. Further, it is expected that candidates will have a strong record of mentorship including supporting graduate students and/or post-doctoral fellows. Our goal is to recruit a mid-career or senior scientist who can bridge a clinical focus on health with one that is community-engaged and centers on elevating the lifestyle opportunities and experiences of underrepresented groups. The person in this role should have a track record of sustained external funding, experience supporting and mentoring graduate students (with the possibility of also working with undergraduate students), and the capacity to generate federal pre-and post-doctoral (e.g., T32) training support as well as research support.
- Earned doctorate with scholarly training in exercise physiology or related field;
- Record of scholarly work and external funding (e.g., NIH, CDC, NSF) in exercise physiology, nutrition, or translational research including but not limited to pediatric, senior, or underserved populations;
- Demonstrated excellence in (or promise of) university-level teaching in exercise physiology and/or nutrition, as well as advisement and mentoring of students;
- Record of peer-reviewed publications and success and/or practice with engagement work.
Interested applicants should submit
- Current CV
- Names and contact information for six references
- Letter of interest
- One scholarly writing sample
Full consideration will be given to complete applications submitted by November 20, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. Please upload your materials to: https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=22008335&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York.
For assistance with submission questions, please contact Megan Brennan, email@example.com.
For questions about the position, please contact the Search Chair: Christopher Kline, firstname.lastname@example.org.