In support of significant program growth, the College of St. Scholastica is seeking 2 Psychiatric and Mental Health Advanced Practice Nurses for newly created full-time tenure track faculty positions in the Graduate Nursing Program on the main Duluth campus.
With 100% PMHNP certification pass rates over the past 3 years, as a new faculty you will join a successful, CCNE accredited, teaching-focused department. Focus on preparing NPs to practice primarily with rural and underserved populations. Curriculum utilizes standard and emerging technologies.
The School of Nursing at St. Scholastica, already one of the largest programs in Minnesota, is in an exciting time with the expansion and growth of its programs and utilization of new technology and simulation beginning Summer 2017.
The College of St. Scholastica encourages candidates to maintain a clinical practice and allocates one day per week to do so.
This is a unique opportunity for a student centric, innovative, collaborative, self-starter who will teach students through the lens of the Benedictine Values of Community, Hospitality, Respect, Stewardship, and Love of Learning.
- Doctoral degree in nursing;
- Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Lifespan) (PMHNP)
- Eligibility for RN and APRN licensure in Minnesota;
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills, multicultural competency and experience interacting effectively with diverse students, faculty and staff.
- NP experience providing direct, FNP; online teaching experience.
About The College of St. Scholastica
- Teach, mentor, and advise graduate nursing students
- Work collaboratively with nursing colleagues and colleagues from other disciplines
- Maintain active involvement in state and national professional organizations
- Foster a culture of inclusion in support of college diversity
- Engage in clinical scholarship
- Participate in professional and civic activities.
Overlooking Lake Superior, the 186-acre Duluth campus is a beautiful setting with a mix of new and historic buildings. A large on-campus resident population and numerous student groups make St. Scholastica a vibrant place of community and learning. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks The College of St. Scholastica among the best colleges and universities in the region for academic excellence and for veterans. Additionally, in 2014 Money Magazine ranked CSS in the top third of all four-year colleges in the country based on graduation rates, educational quality, affordability, and alumni earnings. The School of Nursing, one of the largest programs in Minnesota, is a significant presence in the College of St. Scholastica.
Living in Duluth
Duluth offers the ideal four-season living experience offering a vibrant city center with lots to do, access to quality education and a true community feel. Duluth's downtown waterfront district encompasses a 90 block area of shops, boutiques, restaurants and night spots. Lake Superior, the largest fresh water lake in the world, affects the weather meaning Duluth has warmer winters and cooler summers. It also offers the perfect backdrop for camping, hiking, fishing, & canoeing in the summer. Fall and spring offer great hiking weather, and residents can ski and snowboard at Spirit Mountain, the Midwest's largest terrain park in winter. With over 30 unique neighborhoods, residents can choose the perfect setting to live. A 2014 survey conducted by the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research found that Duluth is one of the happiest cities in the U.S.