The Center of Excellence for Alzheimer’s Disease is a DOH funded program to support the Alzheimer’s Disease and Memory Disorders Center (ADMDC) at the University at Buffalo to provide state of the art medical services consistent with evolving practice standards which enhances and standardizes AD/D care in the region. The goal is to facilitate early diagnosis, provide assistance with care planning, educate the health care workforce and integrate special populations.
The CEAD is seeking a part-time professional to fill the position of Social Worker. In this role, you will:
* meet with patients, families and caregivers at the ADMDC locations, satellite clinics and via telemedicine. (Travel is reimbursed)
* SW will provide patient and caregiver assessments
* participate in interdisciplinary team meetings
* develop patient specific care plans which meet specified standards and timescales
* provide education and coaching to patient
* liaise with the OFAs and primary providers in Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Wyoming, Genesee and Allegany counties
* participate in the on-going CEAD program development, implementation and redesign, as well as all program evaluation activities contributing to quality improvement
* participate and host city wide consensus conferences
* perform 25 % of the total educational activities focusing on non-physician health care providers
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.