The Grafton campus of Tufts University is home to the Cumming’s School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University and the Tufts New England Regional Biosafety Laboratory. On the Grafton campus, Tufts University provides occupational health services and episodic care services to faculty and staff as well as a wide array of health services to students using a unique blended model responding to the needs of Tufts’ entire Grafton community. The mission of Tufts Occupational Health Services (OHS) and Tufts Students Health Services (SHS) on the Grafton campus is the provision of high-quality health care for a diverse student, faculty, and staff population; we strive to maintain the physical, psychological, and social health of the community. Tufts OHS/SHS is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment that is inclusive and culturally informed. Our values include confidentiality, respect for diversity, promotion of wellness, and continuous professional growth. Registered Nurses work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to meet the medical needs of students, faculty, and staff, including evaluation and treatment of work-related injuries, disease prevention, health promotion, and routine primary care services. Student Health Services supports the educational mission of Tufts University by providing accessible and high-quality health care for a diverse student population. Mental health services for students are provided by vendors who offer a mix of on-site and virtual consultations.
What You'll Do
This position is for a highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurse for a blended occupational health and student health department. The nurse will play a crucial role in maintaining the health and well-being of our university community. The nurse will provide nursing services to faculty, staff, and students to minimize lost time and promote physical and mental wellness. Services are provided under the supervision of the Senior Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner and Executive Medical Director of Tufts Occupational Health Services. The nurse observes, promotes, and ensures adherence to safety, security, and industrial hygiene rules and protocols, and participates in wellness-related activities as a subject matter expert. Additionally, the nurse will support medical surveillance and vaccination programs.
What We're Looking For
· Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of bachelor’s degree in nursing and at least 3-5 years of experience
· License to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts
· Occupational health nursing experience
· Ambulatory primary care nursing experience
· Broad based knowledge of occupational health and general nursing practices, procedures, and protocols
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Experience working with diverse populations
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and electronic medical record systems
· Demonstrated ability to work independently
· Knowledge of Massachusetts Worker’s Compensation law, HIPAA, OSHA, ADA, and FMLA
· Ambulatory primary care nursing experience with a focus on student health
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in nursing
· Infectious disease nursing experience
· Case management experience
· Additional medical certifications
Minimum $75,200.00, Midpoint $94,050.00, Maximum $112,900.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.