THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
The College of Health Sciences (CHS) aims to advance heath care in Vietnam and the world through leading education, innovative research and technology. Our mission is:
- Committed to developing world-class research and providing outstanding health care education
- To pioneer the country’s health sciences education and reform
- To attract and develop healthcare leaders to advance health sciences locally and globally.
Our strategic partner within Vingroup is Vinmec Healthcare System – the leading private, not-for-profit health care provider in Vietnam, which currently encompasses 7 hospitals and 4 outpatient clinics throughout Vietnam (with more than 1,600 beds), together with its medical research institutes and centers. Vinmec is the only healthcare provider in Vietnam offering 2 hospitals with Joint-Commission International (JCI) accreditation (in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city). The Vinmec Times City in Hanoi is our primary teaching hospital for College of Health Sciences. It received the first JCI accreditation in 2015, the re-accreditation in 2018 and is currently the only teaching hospital in Vietnam with JCI recognition.
With a vision to advance health care through research, the College of Health Sciences will also offer research opportunities in all our programs and provide a supportive research environment for our faculty and students. Taking advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of technology and service-oriented companies such as Vinpearl, VinHomes, VinFast, VinSmart, etc., the College will cooperate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough technology & healthcare products and solutions.
Currently, the College offers undergraduate degree programs in Nursing and Medicine while there are three residency programs offered i.e., in Internal Medicine, Surgery and Pediatrics. All of the health sciences programs are competency-based, developed with University of Pennsylvania’s technical support. With UPenn’s certified and validated curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become healthcare leaders, innovators and scientists with entrepreneurial mindset and as prospective agents of change in the future.
The College of Health Sciences at VinUniversity in Hanoi invites applications for a position of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Medical Education.
- Lead new initiatives and involve in small group facilitation of integrated blocks along with training and mentoring of Teaching Assistants
- Liaise with colleagues from the Learning/Teaching Management Office, Computing Services, Web Services, Library and other academic departments to ensure an integrated approach to the delivery of MD Program.
- Develop training materials/guidelines related to technology support for students and staff.
- Suggest and develop online interactions based on the needs of the courses.
- Recommends and run trials of the new mobile tools to incorporate in the courses in collaboration with the faculty.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Have a PhD Medical Education/Health Science or a related field.
- Teaching experience: At least 2 year experience teaching health science students
- Research experience: At least 3 research publications as first author or co-author in peer-reviewed journal or other scholarly work
- Ability to design, conduct and lead health services analytical and intervention studies, with strong methodological skills.
- Ability to initiate and sustain an extramurally funded (independent or collaborative) research agenda.
- Area of interest include: Medical Education with special focus on the role of innovation. Behavioral interventions in the community and clinical settings aimed at preventing and treating diseases and improving health outcomes, health.
- Academic credentials and experiences are preferred (especially those who are qualified as associate/ full professors)
- English level: Proficiency to work with international experts and ACGME-I accreditation team
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/108634 and submit (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume and (3) two recommendation letters.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.