East Carolina University
Chair of the Department of Health Services and Information Management
Vacancy #: 975010
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The Department of Health Services and Information Management is one of nine departments in the College of Allied Health Sciences (CAHS). Laupus Health Science Library is housed in the College and provides a librarian dedicated to supporting Allied Health Sciences students and faculty in scholarly work. All classrooms are technology-enhanced (e.g., SMART devices, video capture). The College is within the Division of Health Sciences, along with medicine, nursing, and dentistry. It is adjacent to a 900-bed, level-1 trauma center which offers multiple opportunities to partner with their practitioners. East Carolina University, with 29,000 students, is located in Greenville, North Carolina (population of 89,000) and is 90 miles from Research Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill) or from the Crystal Coast.
The College of Allied Health Sciences at East Carolina University invites applications for the position of Chair of the Department of Health Services and Information Management (full-time, 12-month appointment). The successful candidate will provide leadership for the Department of Health Services and Information Management and its undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs, as well as facilitate the scholarship and professional development of department faculty members. Also, the successful candidate will provide leadership to continuously improve the education and scholarship of health information management and health services management students. The department has strong research and administrative support and excellent teaching facilities to educate the outstanding students admitted each year.
The chair of the department reports directly to the Dean of the CAHS and is expected to advance the college’s vision of state and national distinction in professional education, research, and service. The Chair is also responsible for meeting the requirements set forth by the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) and the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). The candidate will be expected to engage in research, teaching, and service activities in accordance with departmental needs. The successful candidate will be eligible for appointment at the associate or full professor level.
* Earned academic doctoral degree
* Meet or exceed East Carolina University requirements for tenure to the associate/full professor status
* Evidence of effective leadership, sound decision-making, professional development, etc.
* Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
* Experience in administering undergraduate, graduate degree programs and/or certificate programs
* Experience in the field of health informatics, health information management or health services management
* A collaborative leadership style with the ability to negotiate complex issues and maintain professional communication and relationships
* Academic record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service
* Experience with development and/or promotion of professional studies
* Experience with budgets and program administration
* Knowledge of academic governance -Knowledge of contemporary issues in the field of health informatics, health information management or health services management -Understanding of, and experience with AUPHA certification and/or CAHIIM accreditation procedures
Special Instructions to Applicant
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents:
* Curriculum Vitae
* Letter of Interest
* List of Three References (noting contact information)
Additional Instructions to Applicants
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 975010 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/38828