The https://www.buffalo.edu/microbiome/projects/salivary-microbiome-in-oral-diseases.htmlMicrobiome Center at UB’s South Campus is seeking a part-time Clinical Research Assistant to perform the following duties:
* Correctly label containers of blood samples, track collected samples through lab processing, storage and shipment to outside laboratories.
* Obtain/help with collection of saliva, plaque, gingival crevicular fluid, skin, feces, blood and other biological samples for processing and storage, adhering to safety and infection control standards. Help maintain laboratory records, equipment, supplies and reagents.
* Help with other clinic dental research activities such as assisting with dental examinations; consenting patients/participants to research studies; reviewing medical, dental and medication histories; taking height and weight measurements.
* Answer telephone; gather forms for clinical exams, and paperwork/documentation for the research studies.
* Help maintain a clean work environment, abiding by health and safety regulations regarding proper disposal of waste, sterilization of instruments and equipment, and maintaining quality assurance records.
* Must be punctual, detail oriented, and with good written and oral communication skills.
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
About UBThe University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://www.buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.