Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Orange County Masters-Entry MSN (ME-MSN) Assistant Director
University of San Francisco
Orange County Master's-Entry MSN (ME-MSN) Assistant Director
This position is for the Assistant Director role of our ME-MSN program for the Orange County campus.
Full Job Description:
Position reports to the Associate Dean-Nursing.
CA RN licensure required along with minimum two years of Nursing pre-licensure or post-licensure RN program teaching experience and minimum one year of direct patient care experience as an RN in the area in which you will teach (adult medical/surgical, geriatrics, psychiatric/mental health, pediatrics, or obstetrics). Community health RN experience is also acceptable for teaching in community health nursing.
- Provide oversight for all aspects of the Orange County ME-MSN curriculum to insure congruence with the education goals of the School and the University.
- Participate as a contributing member of the School of Nursing Health Professions Leadership Council in creating a climate that advances the vision, mission, and values of the School and the University.
- Insure congruence with standards established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, California Board of Registered Nursing (CA-BRN), the Commission on Nurse Certification, and other accreditation and professional associations as appropriate.
- Complete an annual report on the processes and outcomes of the program.
- Engage in classroom and clinical teaching and service that will contribute to the university and profession
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean-Nursing and Graduate Nursing Department (GND) Chair to insure the integrity of curricular plans across sites.
- Provide leadership that promotes growth and innovation for Master's education, including in the ambulatory care setting.
- Maintain CA-BRN approval for the USF Orange County site for ME-MSN and maintain a reporting relationship in collaboration with the Associate Dean-Nursing
- Work closely with the Sisters of Orange in developing an Advisory Committee to advance the focus on increasing access to nursing education for people who are underserved and expand clinical options to under-resourced communities.
- Work closely with the nursing leadership at St. Joseph's Healthcare System to develop innovative clinical opportunities in ambulatory care.
- Interface between the OC site personnel, USF Vice Provost who oversees alternate sites (branch campuses), the GND Chair, and the Associate Dean-Nursing.
- Monitor and advance educational policies that positively affect academic study for Nursing students.
- Support students, with attention to their experience of the demands of the program and in facilitating their feedback to faculty.
- Manage ME-MSN student advising issues.
- Lead the recruitment, interviewing, orientation, and coaching of faculty who demonstrate expertise that is consistent with the needs of the OC program.
- Develop and monitor the course schedule for the OC Campus.
- Collaborate with the GND Chair and Associate Dean-Nursing in preparing faculty teaching assignments and monitoring workload.
- Serve as mentor and resource person for OC ME-MSN faculty for course-related responsibilities.
- Oversee the evaluation of adjunct faculty and participate in the evaluation of clinical preceptors.
- Collaborate with the Program Administrator to develop and manage clinical sites for OC Nursing
- Collaborate with the USF Office of Graduate Admissions Director to evaluate applicants for the program and develop degree plans.
- Collaborate with university administration and support services related to recruitment, marketing, admission, registration, progression, and graduation activities.
- Collaborate in producing and updating the OC ME-MSN portion of the MSN Student Handbook.
- Contribute to the Faculty and Staff Handbooks.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/Orange-County-Campus/Orange-County-Master-s-Entry-MSN--ME-MSN--Assistant-Director_R0002591.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |