Become a part of the BlueJay Effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkUGzsdSqSU
Creighton University, located in Omaha, Nebraska, is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic nationally recognized for providing a challenging and balanced educational experience. Creighton has been named No. 1 among Midwest regional universities by U.S. News and World report for 16 consecutive years. The College of Nursing DNP Program ranks as one of the top 100 Best Graduate School program by U.S. News and World Report. The university is composed of nine (9) colleges and schools including Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Professional Studies, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Health Professions, Dentistry, and a Graduate School.
The College of Nursing offers programs at the baccalaureate (BSN), masters (MSN), and doctoral (DNP) levels. Creighton University College of Nursing also offers programs on its Phoenix, AZ campus and Hastings, NE campus. The Phoenix campus serves 96 second-degree students in its ANC program. The College of Nursing serves about 500 students in its BSN programs and over 400 students in its graduate nursing programs. The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master’s degree in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice and APRN certificate programs at CU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne).
Creighton University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
**Please apply for employment opportunities at: https://careers.creighton.edu
Creighton University is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Vets.
The Associate Dean for the Phoenix campus, in collaboration with the College of Nursing (CON) main Omaha campus administration, will provide leadership and oversight for effective administration of the Phoenix campus. Responsibilities will include directing Phoenix, AZ on-site activities related to academic policies, personnel policies, curriculum, resources, services, and program evaluation in accordance with policies and procedures of the College of Nursing. The Associate Dean will coordinate outreach efforts in the Phoenix community to facilitate the development of clinical agency relationships, secure clinical contracts, and oversee clinical placements.
The Associate Dean will collaborate with appropriate administrative personnel to plan for full- and part-time and specialty faculty hiring needs, will provide data and recommendations regarding budgetary needs, and administer and monitor budget allocated to the Phoenix campus. Responsibilities also include overseeing compilation of data required for accreditation and compliance with Arizona, or other, governmental/regulatory requirements.
Potential candidates are strongly urged to familiarize themselves with Creighton’s mission and founding principles http://www.creighton.edu/mission/.
1. Direct onsite activities related to academic policies, personnel policies, curriculum, resources, services and program evaluation in accordance with policies and procedures of Creighton College of Nursing.
2. Oversee student recruitment, local student services, clinical placements and/or other learning experiences, and housing needs.
3. Collaborate effectively with the alliance members and facilitate the program.
4. Coordinate instructional logistics/services and policies.
5. In cooperation with the Associate Dean for Academics, Assessment, and Accreditation, follows appropriate evaluation and assessment policies of the College of Nursing related to faculty and students, including overseeing compilation of data required by accreditation, governmental and regulatory bodies.
6. Assist with the faculty search process including, but not limited to, planning for full-part-time and special faculty hiring needs, collaborating with HR in the search for potential faculty applicants, constituting and orienting search committee members, conducting interviews, and making recommendations to the Dean regarding potential hires.
7. Assist the appropriate program chair with the performance evaluation of faculty member at a minimum annually to ensure standards are met.
8. Participate in activities related to governance of Creighton College of Nursing.
9. Enforce consistent application of Creighton College of Nursing policies.
10. Provide data and recommendations regarding budgetary needs and administer and monitor budget allocated to the Phoenix campus.
11. In cooperation with the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs plan, arrange, and coordinate procedures for pre registration and registration of Phoenix campus students.
12. In cooperation with the Assistant Dean for Students Affairs, ensure students meet appropriate clinical agency requirements such as criminal background checks, drug screenings, functional abilities and health requirements.
13. Teach with expectations as noted in the Board of Nursing rules and regulations.
14. Collaborate with all personnel of CU CON and other representatives of CU to assure quality for the program on the Phoenix campus.
1. Maintain program of research and scholarly activity consistent with College of Nursing standards for rank.
2. Participate individual or collaboratively in authoring grant proposals, scholarly presentations, and publications
1. Engage in local, state, national and international professional service activities
2. Engage in additional responsibilities and committee service as requested by the Dean
1. The Associate Dean performance evaluation is conducted every three years by the College of Nursing Faculty.
2. Results of the Associate Dean performance evaluation are included by the Dean in the annual (biennial for tenured faculty) faculty evaluation, and for consideration for continued appointment as Associate Dean.
Appointment & Designation of Rank:
Appointment is recommended to the Provost by the Dean.
This position is a full-time 12-month opportunity. Depending upon College of Nursing needs position may require working outside of normal business hours and traveling less than 25%. Applications accepted until filled.
Creighton University is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Creighton University’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Program in Nebraska has been approved by the Nebraska State Board of Nursing.
Creighton University’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Program in Arizona has been approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing and the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
Candidates are strongly urged to familiarize themselves with Creighton’s mission and founding principles and review the Faculty Handbook at:
PREFERRED AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Earned doctorate in nursing or another related field
2. 8 years of work experience in administration in progressively more responsible positions; Experience in an academic setting highly preferred.
3. A commitment to the Mission of Creighton University and the College of Nursing.
4. Current unencumbered licensure to practice in Arizona.
5. Successful undergraduate and graduate teaching experience and previous administrative experience recommended.
6. High Proficiency in the MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with multiple and diverse constituencies;
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources;
Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects;
Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems;
Outstanding organization, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize multiple tasks, manage projects, and work independently without close supervision;
Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
Skilled in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things;
Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
Strong collaborative/teamwork ability to motivate, and inspire staff at all levels of the organization;
Demonstrated experience with strategic and analytical thinking and planning;
Experience with planning, forecasting and fiscal management;
Demonstrated ability to develop and implement complex plans coordinated with multiple constituencies;
Demonstrated experience developing/preparing reports and drafting complex correspondence. Impeccable attention to detail;
Experience handling confidential information, must have a track record of discretion in addressing confidential matters and sensitive situations;
Ability to remain flexible, optimistic, and effective in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
Demonstrated commitment to customer service and the ability to create a welcoming, inclusive, positive work environment for people from a variety of backgrounds and communities.
Ability to manage, supervise, and develop professional staff;
Mission and Service oriented