UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
Associate/Full Professor and Chair in the Department of Kinesiology
Summary of Position
The Department of Kinesiology at the University of New Hampshire is currently seeking applicants for Department Chair at the Associate or Full Professor rank to begin Summer 2023. The Department of Kinesiology encompasses four undergraduate degree programs in Exercise Science, Health and Physical Education, Health Sciences, and Sport Management and Leadership (with 7 minors) and one graduate degree program in Kinesiology.
Additional Job Information
The University actively creates and nurtures a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and a shared spirit of inquiry. Additional information on the Department of Kinesiology can be found on our website.
Successful candidates will:
- Collaborate with Department of Kinesiology faculty to provide oversight of the development and delivery of high-quality academic programs (Exercise Science, Health and Physical Education, Health Sciences, and Sport Management and Leadership).
· Engage faculty and administration in strategic planning regarding teaching, research, and service to advance the missions of CHHS and UNH.
· Ensure implementation of department’s governance procedures.
· Foster the development of research among departmental faculty.
· Provide oversight and responsible administration of departmental resources.
· Assign duties and evaluate performance of faculty, staff, and student-workers in compliance with university protocols.
· Implement mentoring and support systems to promote faculty and staff success.
· Oversee achievement of applicable accreditation standards (e.g., NECHE).
· Implement and evaluate assessment plans for quality improvement of academic programs.
· Cultivate a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
· Supervise faculty and staff hiring/appointments, reappointment, promotion/tenure, and compensation, according to college-approved procedures.
· In accordance with faculty appointment, (1) generate an individual line of research, (2) teach courses in areas of expertise, and (3) advise undergraduate and graduate students as appropriate.
UNH is a federal contractor within the meaning of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This position may require that you be vaccinated against COVID-19 in the future, unless you apply for and receive a religious or medical exemption. You may not test out of this requirement.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a terminal degree in a kinesiology-related field. Candidates will demonstrate a record of effective leadership in teaching, research, and service in higher education. We seek a candidate with a well-defined research agenda in their area of specialization with a strong record of publication and potential for extramural funding. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment and ability to work with campus and community stakeholders to recruit, retain, and promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
Quick Link to Posting
This position is responsible for the supervision of
Professional, Administrative, and Technical , Operating Staff , Adjunct Staff
A background check will be required as a condition of employment.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.
Special Instructions to Applicants
INTERFOLIO USERS: If using Interfolio to submit letters of reference, please follow the special instructions at this link: https://pa-hrsuite-production.s3.amazonaws.com/2729/docs/126635.pdf.
Instructions for reference providers can be access at: https://support.interfolio.com/m/29600/l/266335-submit-a-letter-of-recommendation-to-interfolio.
The University of New Hampshire is an R1 Carnegie classification research institution providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs. The University actively promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry.
The UNH Diversity Resource Guide with information and programming available in the seacoast area, New Hampshire, and the region can be found here: https://www.unh.edu/hr/diversity-resource-guide