Professor/Associate Professor in Healthcare Management – (Priority to UAE Nationals)
HBMSU is seeking to appoint a full-time faculty at the rank of Professor/Associate Professor in Healthcare Management to supports the University’s mission of providing learner-centric, quality smart learning. This involves teaching, professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities, institutional service, professional and community service, learner advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned. Candidates should have an international reputation in Healthcare Management. The appointee will join the School of Health and Environmental Studies and will be expected to familiar with online teaching platforms and methodologies, develop content for relevant courses, work on quality research. Applicants must also demonstrate a commitment to their discipline through scholarly and creative activities. For appointment as Professor, candidates should have a distinguished record of publications in leading journals and academic achievements. For appointment as Associate Professor, candidates should have relevant experience and a sound track record in research and scholarly activities.
Main roles & responsibilities
1. Teach both undergraduate and postgraduate courses using online learning platforms and smart technologies.
2. Write, design and develop e-content in Health Care Management discipline.
3. Supervise, advise and mentor learners in their academic study plan and master and PhD Theses.
4. Develop and deliver professional short courses, workshops, and interactive training programs for target groups and professional communities.
5. Apply the concept of learning for skills in academic and training programs nationally and regionally.
6. Publish research in high quality Scopus indexed journals.
7. Write and apply for research grants/
8. Perform administrative duties as needed.
Required qualification & skills
1. PhD degree in Healthcare Management or any related field from top 200 university worldwide.
2. Adequate teaching experience at graduate and undergraduate levels.
3. Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals of good international standing.
4. Experience in course content development for online learning.
5. Experience in advising and mentoring learners.
6. Record of teaching at PhD level and supervising PhD dissertations.
7. Ability to develop and deliver professional short courses in Arabic and English.
8. Record of sound administrative experience in academics.
9. Experience working in an online learning environment will be given preference.
10. International experience will be given preference.
11. English language proficiency is a must.