Project description: A talented postdoctoral research associate is needed to join the research team of Prof. Abdelali Agouni in the College of Pharmacy at Qatar University to work on an integrated drug discovery project aiming at the discovery of novel active small molecules for drug development. The project combines in silico studies (virtual screening of chemical libraries, 3D modeling, and ADMET analysis) and biological activity evaluation. The project is for 2 years.
Qatar University is ranked 208th worldwide and in the top 250 in the subject “Pharmacy & Pharmacology” in the latest global and subject QS rankings.
Qualifications and skills: Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Basic Science, Pharmacology, computational biology, health Science, or a related field with experience in the following areas:
- Molecular modeling tools and techniques (e.g., Schrodinger Maestro or other open-source tools) to investigate biomolecular systems with an emphasis on conformational changes, protein-protein, and protein-ligand interactions.
- Molecular dynamics simulation techniques: cosolvent-based mixed-solvent MD (MixMD) simulation, enhanced sampling MD simulation, binding free energy calculations, QM/MM modeling, and structure- and ligand-based drug discovery/design approaches for small molecular inhibitors/activators of therapeutically important drug targets.
- Pharmacophore modeling & 3D-QSAR, descriptor generation and ADME/Toxicity prediction, ligand-based virtual screening.
- Preferable: The ability to work with High-Performance Computing (HPC).
- Preferable: Experience in object-oriented programing using Python.
- Highly Preferable: Experience in biological assays and biomedical research lab techniques.
- Plan, direct and conduct specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluate and analyze data.
- Establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarize research findings and publish results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Responsible for laboratory operations.
- Supervise and train students in the lab.
- A competitive tax-free take-home annual salary of $56,000 USD.
- A competitive fringe benefits package as per Qatar University's current regulations.
Note: The application package should contain a cover letter including a short description of relevant expertise, an up-to-date CV, and two references in addition to other administrative documents (copy of MSc and Ph.D. certificates…etc).
How to apply:
- For informal inquiries, please contact Prof. Abdelali Agouni at email@example.com
- Deadline 17th December 2022
- Apply by following this link and choosing topic 7