The Department of Immunology maintains research programs that focus on translational and basic research in areas relevant to human disease. The strength of the department lies with an integrated faculty interested in understanding how immunological, physiological and metabolic pathways interact to produce dysregulated, innate and adaptive host responses in a wide array of chronic diseases. These include autoimmunity, cardiovascular disease, transplantation, infectious diseases, cancer, obesity and diabetes. Our goal is to become a world-class center for the study of inflammation and the targeted development of novel therapeutics for both treatment and prevention of immune-mediated diseases.
What You'll Do
This is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay. This is a one-year limited term position.
Working in collaboration with the Senior Investigator, the Research Associate works independently to participate in or lead a portion of a research project(s). The Research Associate contributes ideas and suggestions to the research effort, operates independently and publishes papers in collaboration with the Senior Investigator. Additional responsibilities include:
- Performs scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team
- Defines and explores problem statement, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, and documentation of results
- Keeps current with developments in the scientific field
- Participates in other laboratory responsibilities such as supervision and/or training of research technicians, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows;
- Contributes to the development of grant proposals, etc.
- Publishes results and author papers in collaboration with the Senior Investigator
- May present findings at meetings
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired by 3+ years experience in postdoctoral research position
- PhD, MD, DVM, DDS, DMD or equivalent Doctoral degree
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.