Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Occupational Health Services Nurse Practitioner -Grafton Campus
The University Occupational Health Services (OHS) provides work-related medical services for faculty, staff, and employees, of the university with the goal of preventing and minimizing health risks at the university. In addition, Tufts OHS provides technical input from the occupational medicine standpoint to the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), the Institutional Chemical Safety Committee (ICSC), and the Institutional Radiation Safety Committee (IRSC).
What You'll Do
- Provides medical services for faculty, staff, and employees which may include triaging and treating work-related injuries; making referrals to specialists and providing case management; reviewing immunization records and updating vaccinations and titers; providing medical clearance for those in medical surveillance groups (such as respiratory protection program); performing workplace exposure evaluation and treatment; prescribing appropriate medications; and providing health assessments.
- Assesses needs, makes recommendations, and assists in developing onboarding and clinical protocols for client groups.
- Provides medical care by appointment as well as for walk-ins.
- Participates inwellness opportunities.
- May provide basic episodic care services for faculty, staff, employees, graduate and post-doctoral students for designated client groups.
- Diagnoses, evaluates, and treats or refers for relevant infectious diseases including zoonotic infections.
- Common acute illnesses and injuries are seen and treated, as well as ongoing follow-up of common chronic illnesses (asthma, allergies, migraines, gastrointestinal conditions, eating disorders, and musculoskeletal complaints).
- Makes referrals to specialists when clinically indicated. Student services include provision of reproductive and sexual healthcare for persons of all genders and depression screening.
- Offers episodic and basic primary care by appointment and walk-in.
- Utilizes electronic medical record system for documentation and scheduling, maintaining documentation that meets clinic standards.
- Provides follow up as needed with patients regarding test results and medical advice.
- Communicates with managers and School leadership, Human Resources, Risk Management, Environmental Health & Safety, Biological Safety, Lab Animal Medicine, Radiation Safety, and Chemical Safety staff as necessary.
- Serves as resource to other staff in OHS concerning assigned client area occupational health needs. Participates in regular clinical meetings and may participate on committees or work groups
What We're Looking For
• Must be licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in Massachusetts or have qualifications to obtain one
• Must have 3 -5 years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner
• Must have at least three years of experience as an Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner
• Must have at least three years of experience in an ambulatory primary care setting required with a focus on
• University student health experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Massachusetts workers’ compensation law, HIPAA, OSHA, ADA and FMLA is required
• Experience providing occupational health services in research facilities is strongly preferred
• Demonstrated training and experience with needs of diverse populations and impact of racial trauma and
racism is desirable; training regarding the health needs of LGBTQ+ patients is desirable, as well as those of
different ethnicities and immigration histories
• Case management experience
Minimum $100,100.00, Midpoint $125,150.00, Maximum $150,200.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |