The Physician Assistant (PA) Program is a Master of Medical Science (MMS) degree granting program in the Tufts University School of Medicine. The program is designed to educate Physician Assistants who will practice in primary care and a broad range of medical specialties. It is administered under the umbrella of Public Health and Professional Degree Programs in the Department of Public Health and Community Medicine. The PA program is 25 months in duration with 12 months of didactic education and 13 months of clinical experience in various clinical settings at affiliated hospitals and medical practices. The program admits a total f 50 students each year and there is a total of 100 enrolled. Graduates of the PA Program will be eligible to take the national board examination and be eligible for licensure in all states. The general administration of the PA program is provided by the Program Director and the Program Manager.
What You'll Do
Provides advanced, specialized subject matter knowledge to develop, implement, supervise and evaluate a university Program or Project in collaboration with Director. Develops goals and strategies; manages program financial, operational, and human resources; develops and oversees marketing, advertising and external relations. This individual designs and delivers events. Oversees support and provides advice and counseling to students. Manages hiring, training and evaluation of staff.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Master’s degree in related discipline and 5-8 years of program or project management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including word processing, editing, spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- Bookkeeping and basic accounting knowledge required.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills required
- Experience working in an academic environment, with frequent student, staff, and faculty interface
- Ability to execute multiple tasks concurrently, use excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate professionalism, and initiate problem solving
- The candidate needs to be a team member who is goal oriented and demonstrate attention to detail
- Superb customer service skills are essential as the individual will be providing face-to-face contact with potential students, faculty, staff, and community members
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.