Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Temporary Public Health Generalist
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Temporary Public Health Generalist
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The temporary Public Health Generalist position will contribute to the day-to-day success of all aspects of WPI's comprehensive campus health plan to prevent the spread of COVID within the campus community. This would include supporting the COVID testing program, case investigation and contact tracing of positive cases, enacting isolation and quarantine protocols as well continued development and evolution of the comprehensive plan as new information and resources emerge.
- In coordination with COVID Health Planning Group develop and evolve overall strategy for mitigating the spread of COVID within the campus community.
- Work closely with other key partners on campus in supporting the needs of COVID+ students including Health Services, Counseling, Residential Services, Accessibility Services, Facilities, and Environmental Health & Safety, as well as dining services.
- Provide daily check-ins for students in Isolation and act as primary advocate for them within the WPI community to address their needs.
- Support students in quarantine due to close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID.
- Provide consultation and support for those who are providing care and support to those in quarantine including RA student staff, Community Directors, Greek chapter leadership and roommates.
- Provide consultation with concerned family and friends of those in Isolation/quarantine as requested.
- Assist in maintaining confidential database of students in isolation and/or quarantine.
- Work on a daily basis with WPI COVID Testing Coordinator and Isolation/Quarantine Coordinator as well as Director of Health Services and Associate Dean.
- In coordination Health Planning Group identify high priority populations and plans for strategic testing (eg students in quarantine, students in high density housing) to occur periodically and as needed.
- Support database management and response for testing compliance, symptom tracking, as well as responding to general inquiries via "testingcoordintor@wpi" email.
- Establish working relationship with Local Board of Health to collaborate/communicate around isolation/quarantine practices and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve in on-call rotation
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Social Work, Counseling, Higher Education, Student development (will consider Bachelors Degree with three plus years of experience)
- One or more years of experience working in higher education setting preferred.
- Administrative experience in a higher education setting preferred.
- Refined technological skills, database management.
- Excellent critical thinking and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including planning, establishing priorities, and multi-tasking.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 with booster. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Temporary-Public-Health-Generalist_R0001964
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |