Clinical Assistant Professor - Solomont School of Nursing
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Solomont School of Nursing at UMass Lowell seeks a full time clinical-track faculty at the rank of clinical assistant professor, and we invite individuals with advanced practice nursing licensure/certification and clinical expertise in all nursing specialty areas to apply. The clinical faculty member will teach graduate and undergraduate nursing courses, laboratories, simulations labs and clinical practica; coordinate practicum courses; and participate in school, college and University committees and events. Candidates should be prepared to undertake a variety of teaching assignments.
Teaching comprises 60% of the workload of this position. Teaching excellence and enthusiasm for helping students succeed are expected. Mentoring on teaching is provided by the Solomont School of Nursing and the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences. Assistant clinical faculty are actively engaged in service support to the Solomont School of Nursing, and service in support of the goals of the School of Nursing comprises 40% of the position.
We seek applicants recognized for teaching excellence, working with a diverse population, and excellent oral and written communication skills. We also seek individuals who have skills at contributing to team-based projects.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Advanced practice nurse/NP national certification and NP licensure
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Massachusetts
• PhD, DNP or DNSc in nursing or related field with a strong area of clinical/practice scholarship
• If Doctoral degree is not in Nursing, an MS in Nursing degree is required.
• The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
• Two years of recent clinical practice
• Two years of recent clinical teaching experience at college/university level
• Experience in family health nursing (across the lifespan) NP
• Experience in acute care nursing and pediatrics
• Prior experience with high fidelity simulation
• Expertise in curriculum, simulation, IPE, and clinical evaluation
• Evidence of ability to work with diverse student and faculty populations
• Evidence of presentations and publications
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit required materials to: http://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/494283/clinical-assistant-professor-solomont-school-of-nursing
Please include the following documents with your application:
• Cover letter describing qualifications for the position and prior teaching experience
• Curriculum Vitae
• Teaching philosophy and experience - Please include:
o Description of previous teaching experience including course titles and experience supervising clinical education
o Teaching philosophy and style
• Writing sample, such as peer-reviewed article, editorial opinion, clinical practice guideline or project report
• Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application (with minimum of two academic references preferred).
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications has been received.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.