The Assistant Professor for EOC (12 month)/Coordinator, Dental Assisting Program will work within the Instructional Services Unit to manage the educational activities of the program and all students, classes and labs. The Program Coordinator will also be responsible for any applicable accreditation commission standards or agency regulations as well as all program policies and procedures including those stated in the catalog or available internally on the Center’s .
In this position, you will:
* Ensure integrity, accuracy and efficiency of academic activities including classroom, dental lab and externships.
* Oversee monitoring of students including those in online or blended classes.
* Advise students regarding academic progress in the program from enrollment to graduation.
* Assist with student orientations.
* Responsible for orienting faculty members for the program.
* Engage in appropriate, documented, and timely faculty development via University resources.
* Supervise and ensure timely and accurate student scheduling and registration.
* Supervise externships and ensure all students receive appropriate and sufficient experience.
* Conduct all instructor observations as per policy and requirements.
* Ensure appropriate facilitation and maximum participation in both end-of-course student evaluations and Student Satisfaction Surveys.
* Review student records for satisfactory academic progress.
* Assist with ongoing review and development of curricula.
* Complete and submit assigned reports and attend Center meetings as required.
* Assist with catalog review and ensure program is in compliance with Center catalog and internal policies at all times.
* Complete and submit assigned reports and conduct and document regular program meetings.
* Participate in program and/or Instructional Services meetings as required.
* Serve as a substitute instructor in the classroom or lab as required.
* Organize and participate in dental advisory committee meetings.
* Ensure dental equipment is in proper working order and lab is sufficiently stocked with consumables at all times.
* Coordinate with the School of Dentistry with regard to classroom placement of students.
* Coordinate with the Director, Student Support Services with regard to job openings, potential candidates, and/or any placement updates.
* Other duties as assigned by the Director of Instructional Services or his/her designee.
The Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC), an adult education enterprise, of the State University of New York, University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD), with an annual enrollment of 1,940 students, is seeking applications for a Clinical Assistant Professor for EOC (10 months)/Coordinator, Dental Assisting Program. The mission of the BEOC is to produce lifelong learners who are self-directed, empowered, and committed to excellence. Residents of the surrounding Buffalo community are provided a range of services designed to develop the academic and workforce development skills necessary to become self-sufficient. Programs and services are structured to adapt to the needs of our students – as well as to the demands of our community – and serve as first steps toward the attainment of long-term educational and employment skills.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.