Assistant/Associate Teaching Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders
The Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg, School of Humanities, invites applications for a full-time, fixed-term faculty member to lead the Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) program at Penn State Harrisburg. The successful applicant will be hired at the Assistant or Associate Teaching Professor level. The position will begin in August, 2022.
- Teach courses in the major
- Lead planning, curriculum development, program management, and implementation of the new Bachelor of Science Program in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Recruit and supervise highly qualified faculty
- Perform programmatic assessment
- Establish and cultivate partnerships with appropriate providers for student clinical experiences
- Promote the program in collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communications and the Office of Admissions
- Advise students in the major
- Earned Ph.D., Au.D., or Ed.D. completed by August 1, 2022 in Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, or a closely related field
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Knowledge of ASHA accreditation standards
- Pennsylvania Speech-Language Pathology licensure (or eligibility to be completed in the first year of employment)
Candidates with few or no publications and some teaching experience may be eligible for the rank of Assistant Teaching Professor. Candidates having publications in peer-reviewed journals and considerable teaching experience in higher education may be eligible for the rank of Associate Teaching Professor.
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Administrative experience in higher education
- A record of published scholarship in the field of Speech-Language Pathology
- Experience supervising CSD students
For information on Penn State Harrisburg and the program please visit our websites at https://harrisburg.psu.edu/
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Names and contact information for at least three references
Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Academic/job/Penn-State-Harrisburg/Assistant-Associate-Teaching-Professor-of-Communication-Sciences-and-Disorders_REQ_0000017804-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/
, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.