The College of Public Health at the University of South Florida is seeking a Postdoctoral scholar to participate in leading and conducting a NIH R01-funded clinical trial, to include recruitment, enrollment, managing participant engagement, overseeing community advisory board activities, assessing fidelity.
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report’s national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state’s 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference. With more than 16,000 employees, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
Part of USF Health, the USF College of Public Health was founded in 1984 as the first college of public health in Florida and consists of a multidisciplinary faculty of 84 scholars, professionals and leaders serving the educational needs of more than 4,500 students in bachelors, master’s and doctoral degree programs. See the COPH website at http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/ to learn more about our dynamic and innovative faculty and College.
USF Tampa is located in a dynamic and growing metropolitan area of over three million residents and offers a wide-range of cultural, artistic, athletic and recreational activities, excellent public schools, close proximity to Gulf of Mexico beaches, and an affordable cost of living.
- Ph.D. in public health, psychology, behavioral science, nursing or related discipline
- Experience with human subjects research
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working in the areas of: HIV prevention and/or care, biological and/or behavioral approaches to smoking cessation intervention, community-engaged research, and/or implementing bio behavioral clinical trials;
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams in a health promotion/care capacity;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English language);
- Highly motivated, self-directed;
- Comfort with calling and speaking with a diverse array of research participants;
- Substantial capacity for compassion and caring; and
- Interest in health equity.
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled.
Salary & Benefits: Nationally competitive salary with excellent benefits.
To apply: Candidates must complete an online application for Job Opening ID 27063, and upload the documents listed below to be considered for this position. Documents to be uploaded with the application include a letter of application addressing the advertised minimum and preferred qualifications for the position to which applying, a CV and a list of three references. Review of application will not begin until all required documents are uploaded into Careers. References will not be contacted without notifying applicants in advance.
According to Florida law, search records, including applications and search committee meetings, are open to the public. USF is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Equal Access institution. Applicants who need disability accommodations in order to participate in the selection process should notify Sheri Shakes at (813) 974-6494 or TDD (813) 974-1758 at least five working days in advance of need.