Faculty Site Director of ABSN Program in Tennessee
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking a Faculty Site Director of Accelerated BSN Program in Science Nursing (BSN) , in Tennessee for the Leighton School of Nursing (LSON) to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity collaborating with the Marian University main campus and the educational partner.
Under the direction of LSON Associate Dean for Strategic Partnership, this position participates in decision making for policy related to teaching and advising students in curriculum development program, revisions, clinical site management, student learning outcomes assessment, and other matters as assigned in support of LSON and the mission of Marian University
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Communicates and collaborates with stakeholders in internal and external communities.
- Maintains a faculty position with teaching synchronized and/or asynchronized sessions as defined by LSON curriculum. Credit hours not to 6 credit hours per semester.
- Develops and maintains relationship between distance education site and LSON.
- Offers NCLEX tutoring to students at all levels, both face-to-face and virtually, at site.
- Assists with the management of course delivery in alignment with LSON with specific oversite of simulation, along with direct and indirect hours of patient care hours.
- Reviews and develops program policies, procedures, and recommends revisions as warranted annually, under direction of LSON leadership.
- Collaborates with LSON Academic Director of BSN Programs, Course Coordinators, Clinical Faculty, and members of the educational partner.
- Problem solves with faculty and university departments that are impacted by the policies and procedures of distance programs.
- Verifies Marian Nursing education program complies with educational standards of all appropriate Tennessee State accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Collaborates with Director of Nursing Service (DNS) and designees of educational partner and clinical institutions, as appropriate.
- Assures student compliance with health and other required documentation.
- Attends site directors’ virtual meetings with Associate Dean for Strategic Partnerships.
- Assists with preparation of documents requested of the State Board of Nursing at Tennessee.
- Reviews materials proposed by educational partner marketing team.
- Participates in site and community events by educational partner.
- Presents changes in the curriculum to the State Board of Nursing, in Tennessee.
- Travels to Marian University main campus, as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Associate Dean for Strategic Partnerships.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A Masters in Nursing is required. PhD in Nursing, DNP, or an equivalent terminal degree preferred.
- Teaching experience at a university level.
- Current compact licensure as a Registered Nurse in State of Tennessee
- Recent experience in the practice of nursing and managerial experience.
- High level of proficiency in use of technology in nursing education.
- Experience with planning and collaboration with project development
- Resides in State of Tennessee.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a current resume, responses to supplemental mission questions and contact information for three professional references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: