Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Director of the DNP Program CRNA Track
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks qualified applicants for a Director of the DNP Program CRNA Track. The Director will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan Mission and Identity by providing exceptional service to students, faculty, and staff by acting as the primary point of contact for all communication for the Academic Commons. Provide leadership in the areas of curriculum and program development, implementation, and evaluation of the Nurse Anesthesia Program. This person is responsible for community outreach to clinical agencies in the negotiation of contracts for student clinical placement and the recruitment of potential candidates to participate in the Nurse Anesthesia program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Collaborates with the Dean of the School of Nursing and the Associate Dean of Graduate Programs in the development and implementation of the Nurse Anesthesia Program budget to maintain adequate resources.
- Serves on: 1) Nurse Anesthesia Program Committees, 2) Graduate Nursing Committee, 3) School of Nursing Faculty Council and University wide committee (s), and the graduate Executive Council (GEC) as appropriate.
- Directs the collection and storage of Nurse Anesthesia Program documents and course materials, i.e. course notebooks, sample papers, class lists, syllabi, etc. on a shared server.
- Supervises hiring process of Nurse Anesthesia Program adjunct faculty and coordinates orientation of new faculty members to the Nurse Anesthesia program.
- Assists the Dean of the School of Nursing and the Associate Dean of Graduate of Programs to secure and maintain appropriate DNP and Nurse Anesthesia program accreditation.
- Facilitate any accreditation process
- Oversee didactic and clinical curriculum development
- Represent the program to the SON, University and community
- Prepare regular reports of program progress to internal and external stakeholders. Collaborates with other University departments to apply for outside funding opportunities.
- Submits Graduate Curriculum and Policy (GCAP) applications as appropriate to the Provost’s Advisory Board.
- Collaborates with the Dean of Graduate Programs regarding graduate school issues and policies.
- Supervises Nurse Anesthesia Program Assessment process.
- Regularly evaluate adjunct and full-time program faculty to include didactic and clinical faculty.
- Model professional behavior
- Attend events for the promotion of the CRNA program.
- Act as liaison with other programs and departments.
- Assures the development and implementation and evaluation of a curriculum of study leading to a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree with a concentration in nurse anesthesia.
- Assumes overall responsibility for meeting the Nurse Anesthesia program purpose, objectives and goals.
- Prepares the schedule of Nurse Anesthesia program classes and assignment of teaching responsibilities in collaboration with the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs.
- Reviews the quality of the curriculum with faculty, students and other stakeholders.
- Assures the acquisition of library and other educational resources needed for the effective implementation of the Nurse Anesthesia Program.
- Completes program evaluation and assessment reports and communicates findings to the Dean of the School of Nursing.
- Facilitate the process of student recruitment and selection
- Provide information to students regarding the policies and procedures of the School and program.
- Serve as advisor for students in the Nurse Anesthesia Program.
- Periodic review of policies and procedures.
- Assures that Nurse Anesthesia Program student records are maintained including academic, health and professional, and other relevant data bases.
- Serves as a mentor to students and graduate faculty in the research/scholarship process. In addition, provides information and resources for students entering or advancing in the profession.
- Convenes and facilitates meetings with DNP program faculty and the Associate Dean of Graduate Nursing Programs.
- Teaches in the DNP Program Nurse Anesthesia Track.
- Doctoral degree in nursing, current certification as a CRNA, and prior clinical, academic, scholarship and/or research experience
- Experience in administering a Nurse Anesthesia program, knowledge of curricular design, prior experience with COA accreditation processes and outcomes assessment and evidence of excellent written and verbalcommunication skills are also required.
- Engagement in professional organizations and a record of scholarly achievement are highly desirable.
- Valid current RN license and appropriate credentials (certificate of authority and certification as a CRNA) to practice in Indiana.
- At least 5 years of experience in the practice of nursing as a CRNA.
- Current knowledge and at least two years of experience in curriculum development, testing and implementation of a CRNA program.
- Professional membership in the AANA.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required materials include: cover letter, current CV or resume, and contact information of three professional references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |