The Department of Nursing Systems in the College of Nursing at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applications for a 9-month, non-tenure earning visiting instructor or lecturer position, renewable up to four years. The position will be located on the UCF Orlando Campus and is expected to begin Spring 2022.
The selected candidate will be assigned duties as a course faculty for one or more courses as appropriate for the candidate’s expertise. The duties of the course faculty include the following:
- Pre-delivery duties including all advanced preparations and distribution for course delivery (e.g., collaboration with colleagues, instructional materials, course design, assessments creation and grading rubrics).
- Post-delivery duties including course effectiveness evaluations, updates and improvements based on feedback from students and peers.
- Instruction and attendance in classroom, simulated clinical lab, and clinical settings, in person office hours on campus, and delivery of courses in various modalities and formats, including online courses.
- Service on college and university committees.
Type of Appointment:
- Earned Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited institution by date of hire (instructor), or doctorate in Nursing or a related field from an accredited institution by date of hire (lecturer);
- RN licensure in Florida and multistate by the date of hire.
- Learning Management System experience.
- Active BLS certification.
- Recent clinical experience (within past 5 years);
- Background in areas, including but not limited to, community health, public health, nursing leadership and management, and nursing policy;
- Undergraduate and/or graduate teaching experience;
- Experience in online teaching;
- An earned doctorate in Nursing from an accredited institution;
- Professional certifications (e.g. NEA, CNE, etc.).
Additional Application Materials Required:
UCF requires all applications and supporting documents be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website at https://www.ucf.edu/jobs/. In addition to the online application, candidates must also submit a cover letter, a current CV, and the contact information for three (3) professional references.
Note: A cover letter, a current curriculum vitae, and a document listing the phone numbers and e-mail addresses for a minimum of three (3) professional references are required attachments for this application. Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Ms. Jeanelle Santana, search manager, at jeanelle.Santana@ucf.edu.
Unless explicitly stated in the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation is that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Additional Requirements related to Research Positions:
Pursuant to Florida State Statute 1010.35, prior to offering employment to certain individuals in research related positions, UCF is required to conduct additional screening. Applicants subject to additional screening include any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in the People’s Republic of China, the Russian Federation, the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, the Republic of Cuba, the Venezuelan regime of Nicolás Maduro, or the Syrian Arab Republic.
The additional screening requirements only apply to research-related positions, including, but not limited to faculty, graduate positions, individuals compensated by research grants or contract funds, post-doctoral positions, undergraduate positions, visiting assistant professors, and visiting research associates.
These requirements do not apply to U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents if the employment or training was/is through an agency of the U.S. Government. For more information on what information must be provided and the screening process, please see: https://corona.research.ucf.edu/screening-process-for-research-positions/.