The George Washington University School of Nursing invites applications for an Associate Dean of the PhD Program. This is a full-time 12-month position at the rank of Associate Professor/Professor. All applicants should be tenured or eligible for tenure. The position is set to begin as early as September 1, 2021. Applicants from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The Associate Dean of the PhD Program will oversee the overall coordination of the various specialty tracks of the PhD program, while serving as a contributing member of the Academic Affairs Leadership Team. The Associate Dean will assume leadership for overall PhD curriculum development and program administration.
● oversight of PhD program curriculum development, curriculum revision, program requirements, new course proposals and course revisions;
● participation in student recruitment, admissions, and advisement activities including matching students to advisors that can support their research development;
● teaching courses in the PhD program
● chairing and serving on dissertation committees
● developing and implementing a program evaluation process for self-study of program quality;
● maintenance of an ongoing program of funded scholarship and dissemination (publications, presentations activities);
● supervision of the PhD Program faculty, to include mentoring and supervision of new and existing faculty on teaching and advising within the PhD Program;
● ongoing development, review, and revision of PhD Program policies and the PhD handbook;
● increasing the visibility of the PhD Program through presentations, publications, grants and through academic and professional service;
● community and academic service activities and participation in national, university, and SON committees;
● and any additional duties that may occur as this position evolves.
Minimum qualifications include:
A program of research in one or more of the following areas: aging, chronic care management, community health, health disparities, health policy and/or oncology
A research doctorate in nursing (PhD, ScD, or equivalent)
Experience securing external funding for research and demonstrated success in managing externally funded research projects
Prior leadership experience in research administration and/or academic program administration
Prior experience teaching PhD students
Interest,/experience/knowledge relevant to developing and teaching online courses at the doctoral level
Evidence of ability to advance diversity, equity and inclusion efforts through teaching, research/scholarship and or service
Eligibility for RN licensure in the District of Columbia and Virginia.
To be considered, please complete an online faculty application at https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/83588 and upload the following documents:
(1) a cover letter; (2) an updated CV; (3) a statement of teaching and research interests (max. 3 pages);
(4) two samples of scholarly publications; and (5) a one-page diversity statement that addresses how you can contribute to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion through teaching, research and/or service. Cover letters should be addressed to Pamela Slaven-Lee, Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, George Washington University School of Nursing. Please note that all documents related to each section must be combined and uploaded as one single document. Review of applications will begin on June 28, 2021 and will continue until positions are filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
All faculty hiring decisions will be contingent upon final approval by the Provost.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.