Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Since its founding in 1868, TUSDM has been committed to leadership in education, patient care, research, and community service. Students obtain an interdisciplinary education, integrated with medicine, with access to training in dental specialties. Clinics at TUSDM provide quality comprehensive care to more than 20,000 individuals annually. Nationally and internationally, the school promotes health and educational programs and researches new procedures, materials, and technologies to improve oral health.
What You'll Do
This position requires the incumbent to be proficient in all aspects of Dental Assisting responsibilities. The dental assistant will assist Pre-Doctoral Dental Students chair side, set up and break down operatories, clean operatory areas after each patient and stock all materials needed in the clinic on a daily basis. Incumbent may support clinic dispensary staff as back up when needed. The Dental Assistant will ensure Pre-Doctoral clinics and Students are OSHA and HIPAA compliant.
What We're Looking For
- 0-1 years of experience.
- Vocational/Technical training or Associates Degree.
- Radiology certification required, DPH Dental Assistant License.
- Sound knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA compliance.
- Familiarity with dental software, email and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Should be proficient in taking radiographs.
- Competent with infection control procedures.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work with patient’s parents, guardians, and care givers.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Should be a team-leader, self-motivated, well organized and have the ability to manage his/her time efficiently.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.