Professor of Practice (Clinical Decision Making)
Remote - National
The Simmons College of Natural, Behavioral and Health Sciences (CNBHS) is an innovator in healthcare education with nationally recognized faculty members and alumni who are leaders in their fields. The department is seeking creative, energetic and seasoned faculty members to fill roles in their graduate online program. The successful candidate will join a vibrant faculty delivering an online program that uses a robust set of online course delivery tools to support high-level student engagement through synchronous and asynchronous sessions.
The Professor of Practice, CDM is responsible for the successful delivery of the master course content and objectives and the management and oversight of assigned Section Instructors. The candidate must be highly knowledgeable about the subject matter for the specific course they are assigned to oversee, and must maintain current expertise in the subject area. The Professor of Practice will support all Section Instructors by any means that are necessary, appropriate, and available to ensure student success.
The Professor of Practice, Clinical Decision Making (CDM) is a twelve month, full time, contract faculty position that reports to the Director of Advanced Practice - FNP Program. The standard teaching load for full-time contract faculty at Simmons University is 28 workload units per year or the equivalent workload.
Primary academic responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Course Lead Duties/Section Instructor Responsibilities
- Carry 18 - 21 clinical students through the Academic Year: 3 sections of Clinical Decision Making in each of the September, January, and May terms
- Be available to conduct site visits for students assigned to onload sections, as needed
- Serve as Course Lead 3 times during contractual period.
- Participate in and support at least 2 full Immersion Weekends per contractual year
- When serving as Course Lead, oversee Section Instructors within teaching of course materials from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned course schedule
- May be asked to contribute to course iterations and any revision and/or redesign work necessary to ensure consistent quality and alignment with on ground courses.
- When serving as Course Lead, hold regular meetings with Section Instructors to ensure course expectations are being met - prepping section instructors for course content and objectives for each session
- When serving as Course Lead, intermittently observe synchronous classes with each Section Instructor to ensure consistency and quality
- When serving as Course Lead, provide regular, accurate, and timely assistance, feedback and support to Section Instructors relative to their performance
- When serving as Course Lead, Foster and encourage online Section Instructors to promote a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, lifelong learning, diversity, and ethics, as well as personal and professional development
- When serving as Course Lead, in the case of emergency, find a replacement Section Instructor and/or cover the teaching for that section until a replacement can be found
- Review all student grades
- Handle student escalations as they arise
- Attend monthly meetings for all Course Leads led by the Director of MSN Clinical Education
- When serving as Course Lead, keep documentations of Section Instructor work and correspondence (as necessary), maintaining and reporting participation and faculty evaluations as appropriate
- Openly communicate with Nursing@Simmons staff regarding course, instructor and/or student related problems and concerns
- Complete formative faculty evaluations on an annual basis for each section instructor, or as requested by Nursing@Simmons program administrators.
- May serve as a student clinical advisor
- Other service duties as assigned by the Dean or Director of Nursing@Simmons
- Obtain APRN or RN licensure in additional states as determined by the Operations Director (licensure fees reimbursed by Simmons University).
- MSN, APRN Required, DNP preferred
- Experienced, board certified Nurse Practitioner license required. Family Nurse Practitioner required.
- At least 2+ years clinical and nursing education experience required
- Graduate level, clinical didactic teaching experience required
- Online teaching exposure/experience preferred
- Must obtain/maintain Massachusetts RN license
The online courses and materials relating hereto, in whatever form, offered by Simmons University are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Simmons University. All models, curricula, programs, materials and systems designed or developed by faculty engaged by Simmons University in connection with the teaching such courses shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of Simmons University.
Simmons University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence in education and employment through diversity. The University embraces diversity and defines it to include race, gender, gender identify, national origin, ethnicity, religion, social class, age, sexual orientation, and physical and learning ability.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Remote---National/Professor-of-Practice--Clinical-Decision-Making-_R07519
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.